"Beypazari:A small town of Ankara" Beypazari by Tuna_ank
Beypazari Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 114 photos
Beypazari is 100km far from Ankara. You may go by bus, busses and daily trip busses from Ankara. One mayor changed of everything in that small town. Nobody was visiting there before except shopping.
If you like to see old houses, walk between them you will like there. You may also eat tasty foods, buy many things etc. You may enjoy to spent time in living museum, city museum also. You may walk at inözü valley where people lived for a long time ago in the caves!. (It is not easy yet) If ypu go 32 km more you may reach to Karagöl lake. You may eat something or stay at bungalows.
It lived Hitites, Frigians, Galatians, Roman, Bizantion, Seljuk and Ottoman periods.
At Roman and Ottoman periods this town was on the road between Istanbul-Ankara and Bagdat. First known name was Lagania.(Hill of the stone) when it was Bizanthion center. When Bizanthion emperor visited there name changed into Lagania - Anastasiopolis.
19.cc's old wooden houses are really beautifull. There are some other important things too. Silver working, good vegetables, good fabric working.
You can't find easily at other places Hösmerim , but here you can eat it in every restaurants. I advice this. Meat is good here, so you may eat dolma, güveç, beef, pirzola etc. here. tarhana soup is good and healthy but it can be spicy for you! And prices are very cheap!
It is 32 km after Beypazari. Road is not very good. You may stay in bungalows. There is a small cafe too...If you have... more travel advice
There are 100 birds, 60 butterfly species a t that area. Hitites, Phrygians were living in those caves once upon a time.... more travel advice
Tuna_ank's Related Pages
Beypazari Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What is so interesting in this little town?"
- "Beypazari:A small town of Ankara"
- "My Pigeon landed on Beypazari"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Beypazari
- Transportation in Beypazari
- Restaurants in Beypazari
- Shopping in Beypazari
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Beypazari
- 5 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Beypazari?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Beypazari
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ankara Intro, 36 reviews, 91 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Ili Intro, 22 reviews, 100 photos, 6 travelogues
- Turkey Intro, 17 reviews, 93 photos, 9 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 6 reviews, 80 photos, 8 travelogues
- Kars Ili Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bursa Ili Intro, 20 reviews, 59 photos
- Edirne Intro, 4 reviews, 71 photos, 7 travelogues
- Tarsus Intro, 19 reviews, 50 photos, 1 travelogue
- Burdur Ili Intro, 13 reviews, 55 photos, 2 travelogues
- Guatemala Intro, 2 reviews, 58 photos, 7 travelogues