"Shanghai" Shanghai Shi by touraco
Shanghai Shi Travel Guide: 3,532 reviews and 9,283 photos
Shanghai is situated on the banks of the Yangtze River Delta in East China and is the largest city of the People's Republic of China
Let's see. All in all, I was in Shanghai for 4 times. Twice for leisure and twice for business.
The first time I was in Shanghai was in the summer season and temperature sore to 39deg cel - 40 deg cel. It was really really hot and scorching.
The second time I was in Shanghai was during the winter season and the temperature went down to -5deg cel to 0 deg cel.
It's really interesting to experience both extreme weather.
The weather for the next 2 trips were pretty pleasant.
My impression of Shanghai is that people here work harder than Suzhou and are more vocal. Women are unneccesarily loud and pushy.
I had the chance to visit the now defunct Xiangyang market when I was there for the first 3 times. It was an interesting market, a lot of vendors trying to peddle their fake/imitations/replicas of luxury bags and watches.
There are really some good bargains. Bags (brandless) go for 30 RMB and some female clothings such as dress or tops can go for 50 RMB onwards.
You have to really bargain in the market and always slash the price by 1/3.
Now the market is gone and have moved to several different areas. It's quite a pity but the government got to fight against the piracy of all these imitation luxury goods.
Location of the hotel is pretty good, about 5 mins walk to the subway. There is a japanese teppanyaki restaurant just... more travel advice
Nanjing Lu is the shopping district in Shanghai. There is also the famous Peace Hotel located near there. It's a... more travel advice
touraco's Related Pages
Shanghai Shi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shanghai - China's Biggest and Most Modern City"
- "Shanghai, the Oriental Pearl"
- "Bright Lights of Shanghai"
- "QiBao Ancient Town"
- "That`s Shang High!!"
- "Shanghai China"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shanghai Shi
- Hotels in Shanghai Shi
- Transportation in Shanghai Shi
- Nightlife in Shanghai Shi
- Restaurants in Shanghai Shi
- Shopping in Shanghai Shi
- Warnings and Dangers in Shanghai Shi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shanghai Shi
- 9 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Shanghai Shi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shanghai Shi
Top 10 Pages
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos
- Phuket Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews
- Melbourne Intro, 10 reviews, 2 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Krabi Intro, 8 reviews, 1 photo
- Hong Kong Intro, 7 reviews
- Pulau Langkawi Intro, 7 reviews
- Ubud Intro, 4 reviews, 2 photos
- Bangalore Intro, 5 reviews