"A Very Pleasant Surprise" Melk by Zmrzlina
Melk Travel Guide: 219 reviews and 852 photos
When I planned to stay overnight in Melk, I had no idea how beautiful it is. I stayed at a wonderful, very old inn, which I can't remember the name of now. Very sorry I only got to stay overnight.
It was pretty quiet when I was out taking pictures in the morning, though possibiy because it had been raining.
I looked for more information about the city so I could post more details, but there are very few tourist websites for it. Lots here on VT, though. I thnk Bill Bryson should be told about this village because he likes to go to out of the way places and write about them.
I didn't get to go into the Abbey, but there are some lovely photos on other VT sites.
This is where I caught the boat to take me to Krems, up the Danube. See my travelogue under the Austria heading.
- Pros:Small and not too touristy.
- In a nutshell:Go for more than the night
Zmrzlina's Related Pages
Melk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful Melk"
- "Melk, a small town at the Danube Valley"
- "St Colman and Melk - The Irish Connection"
- "Melk & its Famous Abbey"
- "Wachau - The Famous Town of Melk"
- "Melk, a beautiful place and its baroque monastery"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melk
- Hotels in Melk
- Transportation in Melk
- Restaurants in Melk
- Shopping in Melk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melk
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Melk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melk
Top 10 Pages
- Boston Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos, 4 travelogues
- Vychodna 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- London Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Austria Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 13 reviews, 11 photos
- Slovakia Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Niagara Falls Intro, 6 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Brugge Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos, 2 travelogues
- Scituate Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos, 2 travelogues
- Canterbury Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 2 travelogues