"Colors of the Pacific Coast" Monterrico by Zifu
Monterrico Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 39 photos
Monterrico is an excelent beach destination in Guatamala, it´s easy to get there from the capital by taking the international Highway CA-9S it will take you by car 1hr45min or 2hrs tops. There are also bus services..
I was here this past weekend in a friend´s house... but there are some neat hotels for every pocket size..!!
Also, Monterrico is a natural reserve, is a nestling refuge for the marine Baule and Parlama turtles.
As I took a relaxing walk, I saw many crabs running around on the beach... this guys get bigger as the sun goes away, but at noon all the little ones are doing their thing..
This little friend gave my a hard time, but I manage to catch him, so here is he saying hello to all, come to visit!!
At night you may find bigger ones about the size of your hand.. but they are harder to catch and have the proper equipment to defend themself...
Here in Guatemala we have 4 to 5 active volcanoes and that´s the reason of the dark sands on the pacific coast... When a volcano erupts it sends pulverized vulcanic rocks into the air... this forms a ash clould that as it colds down it comes down to the earth and there you go that´s the reason..
- Pros:Beach and ocean for your self!!
- Cons:Just one mosquitos, but with a repelent your set!!
- In a nutshell:Ocean, beach, grear hotels, great food!! you are the only thing missing
Zifu's Related Pages
Monterrico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Colors of the Pacific Coast"
- "Another day in paradise"
- "Weekend escape in Guatemala"
- "this was a trip...to remember"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monterrico
- Hotels in Monterrico
- Transportation in Monterrico
- Restaurants in Monterrico
- Warnings and Dangers in Monterrico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monterrico
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Monterrico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monterrico
Top 5 Pages
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- St. Thomas Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Estado do Rio de Janeiro Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Monterrico Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Brazil Intro, 3 photos