smeans2's Profile

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 3:06 PM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• kahnjetta's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Happy Birthday! Have a great day:)

• Feb 28, 2013 at 7:08 AM

hi

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
    Feb 27, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Hi Spencer. I must apologize. When I answered you in the Provence question, I didn't realize you had been with VT since 2007. I'm sure you realize nearly everything I told you. The area you asked about is beautiful and very different from other parts of France. No one can predict the weather and perhaps we were lucky but I'd do it again in November. We usually travel in April-May and September-October. Not sure why we were there in November but it was a fun trip. Whatever you choose, have a great trip.

• Beausoleil's Profile Photo
      Feb 28, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Nice to know. We lease so haven't run into any problems thus far. Odd that they didn't tell you when you booked. We leased from Sixt about 15 years ago and had no problems but they were just an agent for Peugeot at the time. We've used AutoFrance most of the time since then. We have friends who rent from Hertz and they have always had good luck with them. I hope you filed a complaint, if not for the standard, at least for not telling you in advance. My husband could handle the stick, but I'd be up a creek without a paddle. I've never driven one and have no desire to try.

• smeans2's Profile Photo
      Mar 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM

I learned to drive on an automatic, but I learned the stick later on in my late teens or early twenties, and I haven't used one since. I've considered re-learning to make renting in Europe easier, but I think there are too many other things to worry about when driving in a foreign country. Since I started using only Hertz or Avis (except in the UK, where I know other companies that are reliable), I've not had a problem. By the way, I did not get an explanation or apology from Sixt, but I did get a refund of my full prepayment (an "exception" since technically they weren't required to do so--the "fine print," you know). I wouldn't use them again. Thanks again for all your help and for the friendly follow-ups. I will let you know how the trip goes.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Feb 6, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Welcome to VT. Travel and have fun. PJ

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
smeans2's Profile Photo

smeans2

“Seeking is finding.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.