"Taunton" Taunton by EnochH

Taunton Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 31 photos

My Home Town

Well, what can I say about Taunton?

It was a lovely town when I was born, I have many happy memories of my childhood house, growing up on the hills surrounding the town and visiting other towns and cities such as Exeter, Lyme Regis and such like...

Nowadays though, the town itself is yucky. It is full of crime and getting worse, and the abundance of 'chavs' is sickening.

One thing that will always remain stunning however is the countryside. The Somerset levels, the Quantocks, the Blackdowns and the countryside surrounding Wellington in Devon is so wonderful. It is charming, full of fabulous walks and rather splendid all through. I could go and write an entry for all the places I have been in and around the Somerset/Devon/Cornwall area, but I would be here FOREVER! I would say overall that it is worth a visit, but try and keep to rural areas and you will be very pleasantly surprised. The coast all around is although well worth a visit, particularly Lyme Regis and all of the Cornish coast.

Other areas of interest include: Exeter, Glastonbury/Glastonbury Tor, Somerset Levels (incl' Burrow Mump), Wills Neck (Quantocks) and all of the surrounding countryside walks.

• Last visit to Taunton: Sep 2006
  • Intro Written Jan 10, 2007

Comments

EnochH Used To Live Here!

EnochH

“Have faith, and never sway from your beliefs, only a soul that can keep the faith despite all oppression shall triumph.”

Ranked Member

Badges & Stats in Taunton

Have you been to Taunton?

Latest Activity in Taunton