"SANTA CLARA." Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Clara by wandabendik
Santa Clara Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 122 photos
Wanted to visit and see for myself the resting place of real named ERNESTO GUEVARA (1928-67), Latin American guerrilla leader and revolutionary theorist, who became a hero to the New Left radicals of the 1960s. Born into a middle-class family in Rosario, Argentina, Guevara received a medical degree from the University of Buenos Aires in 1953. Convinced that revolution was the only remedy for Latin America's social inequities, in 1954 he went to Mexico, where he joined exiled Cuban revolutionaries under Fidel Castro. In the late 1950s, he played an important role in Castro's guerrilla war against Cuban dictator Fulgencio Batista, and when Castro came to power, he served as Cuba's minister of industry (1961-65).
A strong opponent of U.S. influence in the Third World, he helped guide the Castro regime on its leftward and pro-Communist path. The author of two books on guerrilla warfare, Guevara advocated peasant-based revolutionary movements in the developing world. He disappeared from Cuba in 1965, reappearing the following year as an insurgent leader in Bolivia. He was captured by the Bolivian army and shot near Vallegrande on Oct. 9, 1967.
The museum dedicated to Guevara's life. There is also a reconstruction of Guevara derailing the train during the Battle... more travel advice
No cameras or video's to be taken into the museum, you must be silent in the morsuleum at all times. more travel advice
wandabendik's Related Pages
Santa Clara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Generation of the sixtees"
- "The Che Mausoleum"
- "Santa Clara - one of my favourite places"
- "Welcome to Santa Clara, "La ciudad del Che""
- "SANTA CLARA."
- "The Mausoleum of Che Guevara"
- "silvia-m.b's new Santa Clara Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santa Clara
- Hotels in Santa Clara
- Transportation in Santa Clara
- Nightlife in Santa Clara
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Santa Clara
- 4 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Santa Clara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santa Clara
Photos in Santa ClaraSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Cienfuegos Intro, 13 reviews, 43 photos, 1 travelogue
- Prague Intro, 15 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cayo Coco Intro, 13 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Chester Intro, 11 reviews, 28 photos
- Trinidad Intro, 9 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Liverpool Intro, 13 reviews, 22 photos
- Ireland Intro, 9 reviews, 20 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 11 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Marrakesh 9 reviews, 14 photos
- Paris Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos