"ENGLANDS GREEN GRANDURE" England by gwendar
England Travel Guide: 64,539 reviews and 148,700 photos
a very cold,wet and windy november day, i drove to the county of north yorkshire,to visit an english castle.Called castle bolton,famous for been a place of imprisonment of Mary queen of scots,in the following pages i will try to be informative about the castle.This picture shows the east wall of the castle.
In this picture the castle is been viewed from the south,comeing from the village of redmire.The castle held mary queen of scots a prisoner from 1568/69,her bed chamber was in they tower to the left in the picture below.
this picture shows the north and west walls,as can be seen its nearly complete,most of the damage to the castle,is on the east wall this been done when under siege for 6 months in the english civil,by cromwells army
- Pros:beautiful countryside/very friendly pepole
- Cons:wet weather,and car parking
- In a nutshell:im english and we not all soccer thugs,come and see
A very homely cafe with a warm and cozy feeling I had home made steak pie and it was delicious more travel advice
This England longest highest and deepest canal tunnel it is to be found on the Huddersfield Narrow canal in west... more travel advice
gwendar's Related Pages
England Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "England my England"
- "The Regal Lion"
- "My bit of the UK."
- "This England"
- "Enticing England"
- "England has a Little Bit of Everything"
- "A local canal walk in west yorkshire"
- See All...
- Things to Do in England
- Hotels in England
- Transportation in England
- Nightlife in England
- Restaurants in England
- Shopping in England
- Warnings and Dangers in England
- See All...
Badges & Stats in England
- 91 Reviews
- 665 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to England?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in England
- Posted in Travel Prefecture of Pieria Forum "Re: Where can I go directly from..."
- Uploaded a Video to England
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great value cafe (The singing kettle) Settle"
- Wrote a Review Great value cafe (The singing kettle) Settle in England Restaurants
- Commented on one of gwendar's England tips
- updated a England Travel Page "ENGLANDS GREEN GRANDURE"
Videos in EnglandSee All Videos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- England Intro, 68 reviews, 505 photos, 24 travelogues
- Thasos Intro, 31 reviews, 201 photos, 10 travelogues
- Rhodes (Island) Intro, 23 reviews, 119 photos, 2 travelogues
- Parga Intro, 7 reviews, 97 photos, 9 travelogues
- Thasos Island Intro, 14 reviews, 77 photos, 2 travelogues
- Wales Intro, 9 reviews, 60 photos, 2 travelogues
- Athens Intro, 5 reviews, 49 photos, 3 travelogues
- Lancashire Intro, 7 reviews, 46 photos, 1 travelogue
- Kalkan Intro, 4 reviews, 49 photos, 4 travelogues
- Crete Island Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 3 travelogues