"Brescia- Lioness of Italy" Brescia by jubistuta79
Brescia Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 356 photos
They called this city "Lioness of Italy" due to their hardworking and dedicated to work. I am not sure why, but as far I knew, all city in world dedicated and hardworking. This city is a small city in Lombardy region, Italy. Only 1 hours train from Milan FS. The cost for ticket only 15 euro for go/return ticket, but depends on promo rate. If you took reginal train (1 hours train) it will cost you 5,40 euro per trip, but for a faster train (IC train only 40min), it cost you 9 euro. Only spend 4 hours in this city, and it's already enough. The main interest place is Castello, Piazza Della Loggia, Piazza Paolo VI or Duomo. There are few museums in Brescia, depends on your interest to visit. To get easy, you have to walk to Piazza Della Loggia to reach the tourist informations. Find out the map outside the train stations, how to go to Piazza Loggia. If not, you will get lost because it quite far from train station. 20min walking distance from train station to P. Loggia. From this pics, you can see a tower of Broletto Palace and New Cathedral.
To reach castello, you have to climb the hill in this city. Its quite high and need a lot of energy to reach there. Basically, you have to find Via Meseo, which is main road in Brescia, and from this road, you could find most of tourist place. But, be careful! Because from p. Loggia, you can reached this road, but its quite difficult to see! this because it's only a small road and you cant see it. Check a map and see the direction (north or west ... ) its very small road, only for pedestal ... Once you noticed this road, easy for you to find castello, capitolium etc. They provided the signboard, just follow it ... From castello, you could see all over the city. During a Venetian age, this castle have a lot improvement on defense startegy, but they lost to Napoleon army ...
Capitolium or Teatro Romano was build in 74 BC as a temple and theatre.
Inside the temple, there were 3 cells with marble floors. On the side, there is the theater, constructed in the 1st century BC and renovated in the 2nd century. The theater stands on a hill, in the Greek style, and hosted as many as 15,000 spectators. You could find this place, ahead of Via Museo (just straight after you reached Via Museo from P.Loggia!).
- Pros:Interesting place from different age ... Roman to Napoleon
- Cons:Tourist information only at P.Loggia, and far from train station.
jubistuta79's Related Pages
Brescia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Fascinating 'ordinary' place...."
- "Brescia - small team, but great supporters"
- "Beautifuls mountains..."
- "Brescia - unfortunately, not among my favourites"
- "Another great northern Italy town!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Brescia
- Hotels in Brescia
- Transportation in Brescia
- Nightlife in Brescia
- Restaurants in Brescia
- Shopping in Brescia
- Warnings and Dangers in Brescia
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Brescia
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Brescia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Brescia
Top 10 Pages
- Milan Intro, 9 reviews, 24 photos
- Baku Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos
- Pompeii Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Naples Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Cambodia Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Rome Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Pisa Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Venice Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Verona Intro, 2 reviews, 7 photos
- Aktau Intro, 1 review, 6 photos