"Dev Bhoomi - Himachal-- Abode of Gods" Top 5 Page for this destination State of Himachal Pradesh by vpas
State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Guide: 469 reviews and 1,159 photos
The land of Himachal is aptly called Dev Bhoomi or the abode of Gods.Many compare it with Switzerland. If only the infra structure was good, with Indian food and cost effectiveness,it could well be one of the top places on world tourists' lists.
The rich culture and traditions of Himachal, the shadowy valleys, rugged rocks, tall pines,glaciers and roaring rivers make this state of India a unique one that tourists cannot afford to miss!
The state has much to offer to tourists -- to see and do.Do check out my pages for information on places to see and also for various sporting activities in Himachal that include water sports like river rafting, kayaking and also gliding and paragliding.
Himachal Pradesh is mostly mountainous region, neighbouring Tibet and China in the east;Jammu and Kashmir in the north and north west;Panjab,Haryana,Uttaranchal and UttarPradesh in the south.It has a geographic area of 55,673 sq.kms. and has altitudes ranging from 350 to 7000 metres above sea level(1050 to 21000 feet).Nestled in the Western Himalayas, it has provided refuge to the Dalai Lama and also a huge population of Tibetian refugees.
The scenery which is beautiful and serene cannot fail to captivate anyone who goes there.
AND YOU JUST CANNOT MISS MY PAGES ON GOSHAINI OR GUSHAINI,which is in Himachal near Kullu.THIS WAS THE HIGHLIGHT OF OUR TRIP!!Did not find it listed on the map in Vt so had to put my Goshaini tips under Himachal Pradesh.
Himachal is a must for those who love to shop and collect things.From hand woven items to jewellery they have it all here.The things are beautiful,rustic and aesthetic.So do go and have a go!!
- Pros:Beautiful, not expensive, many parts are not spoilt by excessive tourism
- Cons:lack of infrastructure
- In a nutshell:Waiting to go there again
My family and I thoroughly enjoyed staying here.The accomodation tariff includes food -- all meals,tea etc..It is in an... more travel advice
We went to a small village called Goshaini.We stayed at the Raju's Guesthouse that is situated on the banks of the river... more travel advice
vpas' Related Pages
State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beauty Unlimited"
- "Kinnaur to Spiti............to heaven on earth"
- "Dev Bhoomi - Himachal-- Abode of Gods"
- "Himalayan Escape"
- "Glory of the Himalayas/Valley of Gods"
- "Snow In India???"
- "Get up with the sun behold the mighty Himalayas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Hotels in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Transportation in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Nightlife in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Restaurants in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Shopping in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Himachal Pradesh
- See All...
Badges & Stats in State of Himachal Pradesh
- 24 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 16 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to State of Himachal Pradesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Himachal Pradesh
- Posted in Travel Turkey Forum "Re: Where to go?"
- Commented on one of vpas's State of Himachal Pradesh tips
- updated a State of Himachal Pradesh Travel Page "Dev Bhoomi - Himachal-- Abode of Gods"
- Wrote a Review If you want to relax you cannot... in State of Himachal Pradesh Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "If you want to relax you cannot miss this place"
Photos in State of Himachal PradeshSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 60 reviews, 26 photos
- Katra Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Samet Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubai Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Kodaikanal Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos