"Hyderabad Hazir Hai!presenting the city of Hyd" Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad by vpas
Hyderabad Travel Guide: 357 reviews and 570 photos
Hyderabad is the city that I have been living in since 1993.I love it!It is beautiful.It has a blend of the old world charm and the benefits of new age technology.The infra structure is good.The traffic is at times bad,but isnt it the same all the world over these days?
This city is a superb blend of Islamic minarets and Hindu temples; colonial architechture and buzzing bazaars on the one hand and sweeping flyovers and five star hotels on the otherhand;here you will find the co-existence of road side eateries and small Irani cafes alongside hip coffee bars and swish boutiques.The contrast is fascinating and unique.
The seven Nizams, the rulers of the Asaf Jahi dynasty in Hyderabad were among the richest men on the planet(also were known to be whimsical)They had all the time in the world to build fancy marble palaces with vast lawns where peacocks roamed and birds of various hues flitted in gardens that had a great variety of trees. The Nizams lived life king-size!There are stories of how the 280 carat Jacob diamond which was the size of a lime, served one of them as a paperweight!One of the Nizams is supposed to have ordered 50 Rolls Royces!There is a tale of how a convoy of a dozen trucks mired in the mud under the weight of their cargo of solid gold ingots.Another story that does the rounds is how a Nizam's laundry was sent to Paris!!!
Now as modern Hyderabad concentrates on becoming India's IT capital, the old ways of courtesy and grace that is part of the culture of Hyderabad is changing.Yet the city does retain an aura of the past and the citizens a grace and style unique to them inspite of the bustling lifestyle of modern times.
The most beautiful thing about Hyderabad is that you do not necessarily need to go to all the touristy places to drink in the culture,every street and every lane and the people you meet will let you drink in the spirit of the city!
However,there are no dearth of places to visit here.Try not to miss the museum, Charminar and Golconda and ....
Places to see
2.Birla Science Museum
6.Qutub Shahi Tombs
7.Take a short drive round the Tank Bund/Necklace Road
It is a rare Heritage palace that has been converted into a hotel. The treatment does not get grander than this!! One is... more travel advice
This is an ethnically designed rustic looking place. Seats just about 30 people or so. Very tasty food based on whole... more travel advice
vpas' Related Pages
Hyderabad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hyderabad Hazir Hai!presenting the city of Hyd"
- "I LOVE HYDERABAD"
- "Hyderabad: Of Pearls & Biryani"
- "Hyderabad - MY Home Town"
- "Hyderabad: A City rich In History"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hyderabad
- Hotels in Hyderabad
- Transportation in Hyderabad
- Nightlife in Hyderabad
- Restaurants in Hyderabad
- Shopping in Hyderabad
- Warnings and Dangers in Hyderabad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hyderabad
- 56 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Hyderabad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hyderabad
- Posted in Travel Dubai Forum "Re: Request for advice on..."
- Wrote a Review My most fav place to eat! in Hyderabad Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "For that Royal treatment!"
- Commented on one of vpas's Hyderabad travel pages
- updated a Hyderabad Travel Page "Hyderabad Hazir Hai!presenting the city of Hyd"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 56 reviews, 19 photos
- Katra Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Kodaikanal Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Kruger National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Allahabad Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos