"Where people of different faiths co exist in peace" Jammu by vpas
Jammu Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 109 photos
I just had a few hours while in transit, however, thanks to a good driver, I was amazed at how much one can do and learn even in a short while if one is planned and clear and ably guided!
Jammu has an equally mixed population of Hindus, Muslims and Sikhs. They live quite peacefully. I have heard many say that basically the population is very peace loving in Jammu. While in the main city people of all faiths are almost equal in number, in the peripheral areas closer to the airport, there are more Sikhs.
Jammu is the starting point or the transit place for pilgrims heading to either Amarnath or to Vaishnodevi Temple. So you will always find a sizable number of pilgrims crossing Jammu.
This is a lovely big bungalow though it is called a palace! It is worth visiting this if you are interested in history... more travel advice
Jammu has plenty of shops selling dry fruits such as walnuts, almonds and dried apples. It would be better to buy in the... more travel advice
vpas' Related Pages
Jammu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jammu: not touristy, but interesting. . . .really!"
- "Jammu-Paradise on Earth"
- "Where people of different faiths co exist in peace"
- "four hours in jammu..."
- "Jammu, the winter capital of Indian Kashmir"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jammu
- Hotels in Jammu
- Transportation in Jammu
- Restaurants in Jammu
- Shopping in Jammu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Jammu
- 6 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Jammu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jammu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 54 reviews, 14 photos
- Katra Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Kodaikanal Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Kruger National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Allahabad Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (77)
Latest Jammu hotel reviews