"Nagareshu Kanchi -- Kanchi -- the Temple town" Kanchipuram by vpas
Kanchipuram Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 197 photos
Kanchipuram is also called the Temple town. Almost every street has a temple!! There are so many temples, each with an impressive history, legend and amazing architecture. It has been hailed by the poet Kalidasa as Nagareshu kanchi which means, ideal city. It is considered to be one of the seven holy cities of India.
You could hire a cab or even an auto and go around for a drive around the country side. But be sure to fix a rate with... more travel advice
You could request one of the shops to let you see in person the weaving process.You will find many hand looms that are... more travel advice
vpas' Related Pages
Kanchipuram Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kanchipuram-Temple&Silk city :)"
- "Sacred City"
- "land of a thousand temples"
- "Half a day stop in Kanchipuram"
- "Kanchipuram Photos 1"
- "Nagareshu Kanchi -- Kanchi -- the Temple town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kanchipuram
- Transportation in Kanchipuram
- Restaurants in Kanchipuram
- Shopping in Kanchipuram
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kanchipuram
- 5 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Kanchipuram?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kanchipuram
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 60 reviews, 26 photos
- Katra Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Samet Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubai Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Kodaikanal Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos