"Lakshmanpur aka Lucknow" Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow by vpas
Lucknow Travel Guide: 138 reviews and 426 photos
Lucknow is an amalgamation of Hindu and Muslim culture. You will find many important Hindu and Muslim religious places in and around Lucknow. There do exist some amount of communal tensions but it is very much in control.
Lucknow is known for courteous behavior and etiquette. If you understand Hindi, it is a pure pleasure to listen to the flowery language and "sweet talk"
At the Seva shop counter near the Vidhan Bhavan, a man tried his best to sweet talk me into buying more. In any other place I would have got irritated, but the style with which he spoke to me and the rich language impressed me no doubt. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to the rich stylish language here.
Just drive on the outskirts of Lucknow or in the Highways leading to Allahabad or Varanasi and you will be bowled over... more travel advice
he Chota Imambara was built by Nawab Muhammad Ali Shah, the third Nawab of Awadh in 1838. The monument was meant to... more travel advice
vpas' Related Pages
Lucknow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lucknow- City of Nawabs,Culture and Cuisine"
- "Lakshmanpur aka Lucknow"
- "Lucknow - The city of Nawabi Culture"
- "Lucknow, underestimated historical pearl"
- "The Siege of Lucknow"
- "My home town"
- "City of Nawabs"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lucknow
- Hotels in Lucknow
- Transportation in Lucknow
- Nightlife in Lucknow
- Restaurants in Lucknow
- Shopping in Lucknow
- Warnings and Dangers in Lucknow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lucknow
- 15 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Lucknow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lucknow
Photos in LucknowSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 56 reviews, 19 photos
- Katra Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubai Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Kodaikanal Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos
- Kruger National Park Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos