"Shirdi -- surely an area of much divinity" Shirdi by vpas
Shirdi Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 12 photos
Shirdi is most famous due to the holy saint Sai Baba who lived in Shirdi, performing miracles, helping scores of needy people and tried to bring harmony between Hindus and Muslims. He attained God head in the year 1918. The Hallmark of his teachings -- Sabka Malik Ek or There is one God resounds in the hearts of his devotees even today. His insistence of Shraddha (devotion / faith) and Saburi (patience/perseverance)
He encouraged his followers to lead a normal family life, though he was an ascetic.
It amazing to see the number of devotees thronging the temple with fervent devotion and faith.
This small village has many significant temples such as Sant Gnaneshwar temple, the place where Saint Gnaneshwar is said... more travel advice
Considered one of the 12 Jyothirlingams of India, this is a beautiful temple which is at least 400 years old. Built by... more travel advice
vpas' Related Pages
Shirdi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shirdi -- surely an area of much divinity"
- "Shirdi Trip"
- "Shirdi trip A pilgrimage to Shirdi Saibaba temple"
- "Sai Shree Sai"
- "Shirdi ~ Sai Baba Guru's city.."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Shirdi
- Hotels in Shirdi
- Transportation in Shirdi
- Shopping in Shirdi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Shirdi
- 6 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (26)
Have you been to Shirdi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Shirdi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hyderabad Intro, 60 reviews, 26 photos
- Katra Intro, 24 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Samet Intro, 20 reviews, 31 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination State of Karnataka Intro, 21 reviews, 28 photos
- Dubai Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Kodaikanal Intro, 14 reviews, 20 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lucknow Intro, 15 reviews, 18 photos
- Turkey Intro, 23 reviews, 9 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 15 reviews, 17 photos