"Shirdi -- surely an area of much divinity" Shirdi by vpas

Shirdi Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 12 photos

Sai Baba

Shirdi is most famous due to the holy saint Sai Baba who lived in Shirdi, performing miracles, helping scores of needy people and tried to bring harmony between Hindus and Muslims. He attained God head in the year 1918. The Hallmark of his teachings -- Sabka Malik Ek or There is one God resounds in the hearts of his devotees even today. His insistence of Shraddha (devotion / faith) and Saburi (patience/perseverance)
He encouraged his followers to lead a normal family life, though he was an ascetic.
It amazing to see the number of devotees thronging the temple with fervent devotion and faith.

• Last visit to Shirdi: Feb 2013
  • Intro Written Mar 9, 2013

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2013 at 4:53 AM

We've been to Shirdi so many times. Used to take the bus from Mumbai, stop at one of those days hotels for chai and to change clothes, go to darshan, and then get back on the bus. It was exhausting. Once Kasha came along we started flying into Nashik and staying overnight in Shirdi. Much nicer!

• vpas's Profile Photo
      Feb 10, 2013 at 8:26 AM

I had a very relaxed trip, since I stayed for 3 days there along with my uncle and aunt who had come from the U.S.. You have been to so many places Donna... too good!!

• Donna_in_India's Profile Photo
      Feb 10, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I really like Shirdi. As crowded as it is, it's peaceful - well at least in the complex it is. I don't like being pushed and rushed, they grab your offerings and out you go. Whew! But it's important for Sandeep to go and give thanks. I like very much for Kasha to be part of that as well. Did you go in the NRI entrance? We've only done that once. I don't like to do that. Last time we were there Sandeep's sneakers were stolen. :-)

vpas

“go, see, conquer hearts and be conquered by hearts ...”

Badges & Stats in Shirdi