"The family that travels together, stays together!" vpas's Profile

Strengthening the bonds

Most of us love to travel.Travelling is greater fun when you have the right company.I love travelling with my husband and my children.It helps us bond more and act as a team.Planning,arranging,organising,packing and the actual travel with all the various predicatable and unpredicatable events -- gives us a chance to bond more and know other's and our own capabilities better.
Travelling has made me a more complete person.It has made me more resourceful(sometimes you forget to take somethings and have to make do with what is available!!),it has made me less judgemental(what one once believed is the way,is not what one would do in another place and time,so never make judgements),it has strengthened my belief that old customs and traditions had a lot of wisdom(well most of them!)
The photo on my home page was taken in Switzerland. Blessed with abundant natural beauty, this place seems like heaven on earth.I like this particular photo since we were above the clouds!!!

My work

I work as a teacher trainer for Kindergarten teachers and as a Kindergarten consultant.I use methods that are inspired by Waldorf education/steiner education.I travel to many places especially within the state of Andhra pradesh to conduct training workshops.
I also work with children with learning difficulties and started Ananda, Foundation for holistic and healthy learning and living. Ananda works in the areas of Education, Health and Environment.
It is a blessing to be amidst children. Teaching is constant learning. Learning constantly is life.
I write a monthly column in a local city Magazine in Hyderabad on Natural lifestyles.
I have authored a book on healthy food recipes and guide to good cooking called -- '"Good" Food -- a guide to right cooking and eating'
I would love to interact with other members who are teachers or remedial therapists. Of course I would also love to interact with members who are not teachers or remedial therapists!!!

What vt means to me

I found this forum accidentally when I was looking for tips for my travel to Singapore on my own with my two sons and have been hooked on ever since.I have some good friends on this forum with whom I enjoy interacting.It has made me realise how small this world really is and that in spirit we are all one!
I travel quite often on work and sometimes people at home are worried about me going to places where I do not know anyone!! but after I became a member of vt , this worry has reduced!! There is always someone somewhere ... well in most of the places!! This is truly a reliable community of travelers.
This forum has been a great source of useful information for my trips-- both in India and abroad and I never feel alone, no matter where I go, thanks to VT!!

Vters whom I have met

*Ali(alycat),from Hyderabad(well travelled and informed)
*Wal and his wife in Canberra(they live in Bundanoon and were kind enough to come and meet us all the way in Canberra;you can see the pictures of our meeting on the pages of ADAGIO1)
*Fari and kim in Canberra(took us on a beautiful city tour)
*Abi,(Abi_Maha) in Bangalore.Though we met for just a short while,it was fun and hope to be in touch with her in future.
*Harsha from Cochin(Hb_Capri).we met her and her husband here in Hyderabad.Had a lovely time with this cheerful and smart couple.
*Birgit(Birx) from Estonia.It was good to have Birgit and her friend over for an evening.I was amazed at all the information that they had collected and their zeal to make the best of their vacation.
*Steam & Rain (Omer) in Turkey. Omer was most helpful in providing information and also met me and my husband while we were in Istanbul and took us shopping.His wife cooked us a very delicious vegetarian meal. It was wonderful to meet Omer to get to know his family. Looking forward to our association in future.

My trips out of India

Al Ayn

Places I have visited in India

State of Tamilnadu
Chennai(where I grewup),Thanjavur,Kumbakkonam,Chidambaram,Kanyakumari
Thirunelvelli,Kancheepuram,Vellore,Thiruvannamalai,Polur,Mudhumalai,Ooty,Coonor,Kodaikkanal, Yelagiri, Coimbatore, Kodayar,

Union Territory of Pondicherry

State of Kerala
Palghat(I was born here),Mannarghat,Cochin,Kottakkal,Trichur,Munnar,Guruvayoor, Thekkady, Kumarakkom, Kottayam, Ashtamudi, Kollam, Thripunathura,

State of Karnataka
Bangalore,Mysore,Nagarhole,Coorg,Tala Cauvery,Hospet,Hampi,Bandipur,Bidar,Aurad,Hiriyur,Tumkur,Udupi,Mangalore,Hornad,Shringeri,Dharmasthala,Mookambika,Murudeshwar,Agumbe,

State of Gujarath
Baroda,Dwaraka,Oka,Rajkot,Sasangir

State of Punjab
Amritsar

Union territory of Diu and Daman

State of Maharashtra
Mumbai,Navi Mumbai, Lonavla,Khandala,Pune,Amby Valley,Nagpur, Shirdi, Thriyambakeshwar, Shani Shinganapur, Nevasa

Delhi

Mathura,Brindavan,Agra,Muzaffarnagar, Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad,

State of Goa
Panaji,Varca Beach

State of Andhra Pradesh
Hyderabad(I live here )Secunderabad,Vishakapatnam,Vijayawada,Rajamundry,Vijayanagaram,Tuni,Payakaropeta,Kurnool,Warrangal,Srikalahasthi,Thirupathi,Puttaparthi,Ananthapur,Dharmavaram,Vijayawada, Mangalagiri, Pochampally, Ettikopaka,

State of Jammu and Kashmir

Telugu
Malayalam
A wee bit of kannada

places I wish to go to in India

Rajasthan(spend more time and visit more places in Rajasthan)
Assam
Nagaland
Tripura
Sikkim
Darjeeling
Himachal Pradesh (see some more small villages)
Sravanabelagola
Haridwar
Rishikesh
Rameshwaram
Orissa
Kashmir

I might not have included all the places that I have visited in my travel pages,but hope to do so one day!Meanwhile I would be glad to share any information that I might have so go ahead and ask me.

• Intro Updated May 21, 2014

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
vpas's Profile Photo

vpas

“go, see, conquer hearts and be conquered by hearts ...”

Real Name