"Koenigssee" Schönau am Königssee by richardolinde

Schönau am Königssee Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 60 photos

Hotel "debacle" Seeklause

Our trip had been going well until we reached the Hotel Seeklause. The story began 6 months before when I reserved the 2nd best room, with 2 balconies. We were very excited, because the hotel looked perfect. Time went by and one week before we flew to Munich, I emailed the Hotel Seeklause to reconfirm our reservation. The manager re-confirmed our reservation. Jump forward...My wife and I arrived at the Koenigssee, had to pay 2 Euro to get past the toll (something you don't see in the picture) and found a spot to park. We rolled our luggage to the desk, no one there so we rang the bell. The manager came and asked for our name. I gave him our name , he looked on some hand-written list and told us he gave away our room to someone else who showed up with additional guests. That was nice (sarcasm). He booked us in another hotel at the same price, but an inferior room that didn't take credit cards and was located further away. My wife was so upset, we cut our stay by one day and added another day in Vienna. We loved the scenery at the Koenigssee, but the Hotel Seeklause ruined our memories of it. I will never attempt to stay there again. STAY AWAY FROM THE HOTEL SEEKLAUSE!!! It looks good, if they give you a room. Go to Bertschesgaden instead.

Koenigssee

The pictures will speak for themselves. This is , in my opinion, one of the most beautiful places on the planet!

• Pros:View
  • Cons:STAY AWAY FROM THE HOTEL SEEKLAUSE!!!
  • In a nutshell:STAY AWAY FROM THE HOTEL SEEKLAUSE!!!
  • Last visit to Schönau am Königssee: Jul 2006
  • Intro Updated Jan 7, 2007

Comments

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.

Badges & Stats in Schönau am Königssee

Have you been to Schönau am Königssee?

Latest Activity in Schönau am Königssee