"Locarno" Top 5 Page for this destination Locarno by ealgisi
Locarno Travel Guide: 109 reviews and 262 photos
Wikipedia website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locarno
Famous for its climate, the mildest in Switzerland, with around 2,300 hours of sunshine per year, and for its International Film Festival, which takes place in August, Locarno is a small town which has spread over the wide delta of the river Maggia.
The sunny banks of Lake Maggiore, the Mediterranean flora in its parks, the entirely Italian charm of the centre, and the various opportunities for relaxation, as well as a wide range of hotels are all an invitation to stay. Locarno is dominated by the Sanctuary of Madonna del Sasso and lies at the foot of majestic green valleys which lead up to the glaciers; it has been an important tourist destination for over a century.
Locarno is a starting point for many excursions up the valleys or around the lake, and it is also a beach resort, particularly animated during the summer with music in the squares, cultural events and a lively nightlife. Thanks to the favourable climate, spring comes early.
Locarno Turist Office
Via B. Luini 3
Tel. +41 (0) 91 791 00 91
Fax. +41 (0) 91 785 19 41
http://www.meteosuisse.admin.ch/web/en/weather.html more travel advice
For those who like open air theathers, this is something you shouldn't miss. Every year in the main square, the city... more travel advice
ealgisi's Related Pages
Locarno Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "la citta` delle camelie"
- "I LOVE this place!"
- "Madonna del Sasso"
- "A Day Trip to Locarno"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Locarno
- Hotels in Locarno
- Transportation in Locarno
- Nightlife in Locarno
- Restaurants in Locarno
- Shopping in Locarno
- Warnings and Dangers in Locarno
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Locarno
- 14 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Locarno?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Locarno
Photos in LocarnoSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lugano Intro, 54 reviews, 47 photos
- Paris Intro, 38 reviews, 54 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Innsbruck Intro, 40 reviews, 47 photos
- Riga Intro, 28 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rovaniemi Intro, 17 reviews, 30 photos
- Segezha Intro, 17 reviews, 20 photos
- Amsterdam Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Venice Intro, 15 reviews, 20 photos
- Kondopoga Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos