"It's Time To Visit Tanah Merah..........." Tanah Merah by hazree969
Tanah Merah Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 4 photos
Tanah Merah is the 2nd biggest city in Kelantan Province, in the East Coast of Peninsular Malaysia. It is a small town but you can find everything in this town such as foods, groceries, transportation needs (car n taxi, train, bus and trishaw) and hotels and accomodations.
Kelantan is the only state in Malaysia which is ruled by the Islamic Government knonwn as PAS (Malaysian Islamic Party). This is the opposition party of the ruling government of Malaysia "Barisan Nasional" or BN, but nothing bothered us about this as travellers. You can freely come and visit to Tanah Merah and i'll guide u through the town or via e-mail.
1.Tanah Merah is only 45km from Kota Bharu, the capital city of Kelantan State, Malayisa. It's about one hour drive from Sultan Ismail Petra's Airport in Kota Bharu. (By Flight)
2.The other option is 450km from Kuala Lumpur or 6 hrs drive through Gua Musang national road, with nice green tropical forest scenery along the journey but the road is a bit windy and hilly. Nice for foreign tourists.
3. Other option is by the train directly from KL Central in Kuala Lumpur to Tanah Merah, and the train will automatically stop exactly at Tanah Merah Train Station. The journey approximately takes about 12hrs. (7.30pm-7.30am next day)
1. A truly Malay living community and culture in "Kampung Sat" the peacefull village nearby the town. This village also near to the Kelantan's River.
2. Variety of foods and goodies. (You name it...we've got it.....)
3. Near to Gunung Stong (Mount Stong) in Dabong,Jeli one of the attractions in Kelantan and suitable for extreme sports lovers. (Hiking or Rock and mount climbing).
4. Near to Rantau Panjang "The Shopping Heaven In The East", is the town at the border of Thailand about 30mins drive from Tanah Merah. You can get the best bargain for your bucks. Anything. You can cross to thailand using pasport and visited a 'tiger dance' show in "Golok" town. All the sexy,stripped ladies awaits you at the club. Even pros......(I knew but, i've never been).
5. There are lots more.....just come to Tanah Merah, and you'll never want to leave.......
- Pros:It's peaceful, simple town but has everything to make a living there.....for $10 you can survive for 2Days of foods.
- Cons:Don't expect too much entertainment in this town because it's a town not a city, just enough to have a two nights resting and knowing about the people and culture.
- In a nutshell:"Tanah Merah, the connection city through all the fascinating places of Kelantan and the most favourite it's Nasi Lemak Tok Wan Ali....U sure addicted to it. Please Come and Visit,it's worth your experience"
1. Resting, and visiting local Malay people in the near village "Kampung Sat" 2. Do some shopping and eating in the... more travel advice
Tanah Merah Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "It's Time To Visit Tanah Merah..........."
- "The point leading to the reality!"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sungai Siput Hotels
- Fair Hill
- Revelstoke Hotels
- Canoa Quebrada Hotels
- Port Huron
- Chandler Crossing Hotels
- Bad Schandau
- Cocoa Beach
- Placencia Village
- Hua Hin
- Lignano Sabbiadoro Hotels
- Shenandoah National Park
- Roquefort-sur-Soulzon Hotels
- Estado de Baja California Norte
Badges & Stats in Tanah Merah
- 2 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Tanah Merah?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tanah Merah
No friends yet.