"Most beautiful little town in the Julian Alps" Bled by OH_DK
Bled Travel Guide: 775 reviews and 1,870 photos
Since 1981 I've visited this town more than 20 times. I have very good friends there and Bled and Slovenia is one of my favorite places to go traveling in Europe. Bled has a beautiful lake with a little island "Blejski Otok" with a church on and a few houses - in fact it's the only island in the country. Right beside the lake there's a 100 m high limestone cliff with Bled Castle that dates back to 11th century. Because of the beauty of the area it is very touristic in summertime and there's a lot of hotels in town. From Bled Castle there's a great view to the highest mountain "Triglav" in direction west, and if you look in direction north-east you see the Karavanke mountains that border to Austria.
If you visit Bled during winter you can reach the skiing resorts Vogel and Kranjska Gora in about 40 minuttes by car. There's even a little ski slope right beside the lake "Straza" but the last few years there was not enough snow.
I recommend a walk around the lake just before sunset. Good time for making a nice photo.
If you like a little 2 hours hike then go to the western side of the lake and take the trail to the 756m mountain/hill "Osojnica" (to a Dane this is a high mountain ;-))
It takes less than one hour to hike to the top where you have this great view of the lake.
See more information on Bled homepage
- Pros:Beautiful lake, many attractions, very friendly Mayor
- Cons:Too many tourists in high season
- In a nutshell:One of my favorite places in Europe
If you walk around in town then take care of the traffic. All traffic to the villages in Bohinj vally and Vogel ski... more travel advice
If you want to try a really beautiful train ride through the mountains then try the "Bled - Nova Gorica" trip (Gorizia... more travel advice
OH_DK's Related Pages
Bled Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Place That I Want to Live In..."
- "Scenic and picturesque"
- "The place with the only Slovene island"
- "What a place"
- ""You had me at hello.............""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bled
- Hotels in Bled
- Transportation in Bled
- Nightlife in Bled
- Restaurants in Bled
- Shopping in Bled
- Warnings and Dangers in Bled
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bled
- 11 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bled?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bled
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Christiansø Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Benguet Intro, 52 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Darwin Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues