"Ester holiday in Karasjok 1999" Karasjok / Karasjohka by OH_DK
Karasjok / Karasjohka Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 37 photos
In the Easter 1999 I were visiting my friends in Karasjok, Finmark
(the sami region of northern Norway).
I brought my cross country skis, and we had some great trips in the snowcovert landscape.
One month before I arrived to Karasjok they had a new low temperature record - they measured minus 51 degrees centigrade in this region. The locals told me that if you through a cup of boiling water in the air outside it would fall down as ice crystals!! In the 2 weeks I was there the temp. was about minus 25C but we also experienced only minus 5C. We made many trips on our skis with my friends 3 children (on sledge).
On this trip I saw Northern Lights for the first time - fantastic! - but unfortunately I didn't get any good photos with my old camera.
OH_DK's Related Pages
Karasjok / Karasjohka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The town with the Sami Parliament"
- ""Real" page coming soon - just an appetizer"
- "Ester holiday in Karasjok 1999"
- "Norway - New Year 2007"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karasjok / Karasjohka
- 0 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Karasjok / Karasjohka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karasjok / Karasjohka
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Christiansø Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Benguet Intro, 52 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Darwin Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues