"Cranes at Hornbogasjön" Hornborgasjön by OH_DK
Hornborgasjön Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 15 photos
In the little crane museum I read that right north of Hornborgasjön there's a farm with the name "Tranum" and this word is about 2000 years old and means "home of the crane"
Crane sounds 1
Crane sounds 2
During winter the cranes is staying in Spain but in April they fly in big flocks towards Scandinavia. They make big V formations and you hear their trumpet sounds usually before you see them.
Most of them go towards the big lakes of Sweden and rest at the lake "Hornborgasjön".
When we were there we saw about 2-3000 cranes resting - very fashinating.
- Pros:Thousands of big birds dancing
- Cons:It was freezing cold standing still
OH_DK's Related Pages
Hornborgasjön Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Hornborgasjön
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Hornborgasjön?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hornborgasjön
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Christiansø Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Benguet Intro, 52 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Darwin Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues