"The biggest indian market in Guatemala" Top 5 Page for this destination Chichicastenango by OH_DK
Chichicastenango Travel Guide: 89 reviews and 211 photos
These 2 San Antonio girls sold their weavings on the market in Chichicastenango. I bought some shirts from them and they let me take the photo.
Chichicastenango aka "Chichi" is well known for it's very big indian market where indians from many parts of the country come to sell their products.
An other interesting sight is the local church of Santo Tomas - it is more than 400 years old and and reflects the mixture of Catholic and indian Mayan beliefs. On the steps to the church you can see Mayan shamans burning candles and incense and perform their rituals - it is said that the smoke take away all the bad spirits.
- Pros:Very colorful, very exciting, very diverse
- Cons:Take care of vendors trying to cheat you
The church of Santo Tomas is more than 400 years old and reflects the mixture of Catholic and indian Mayan beliefs.... more travel advice
When you visit an indian market you are expected to bargain the prices. Keep your eyes and ears open, and dont accept... more travel advice
OH_DK's Related Pages
Chichicastenango Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Incredible ChiChi"
- "Chichicastenango-Best Marketplace in Guatemala"
- "The best indian market in Guatemala."
- "Market Day in the Highlands"
- "The biggest indian market in Guatemala"
- "Chichicastenango: the biggest market of Guatemala!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chichicastenango
- Hotels in Chichicastenango
- Transportation in Chichicastenango
- Nightlife in Chichicastenango
- Restaurants in Chichicastenango
- Shopping in Chichicastenango
- Warnings and Dangers in Chichicastenango
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Chichicastenango
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Chichicastenango?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chichicastenango
Photos in ChichicastenangoSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Christiansø Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Benguet Intro, 52 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Darwin Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues