"Sagada a beautiful little town in the mountains" Sagada by OH_DK
Sagada Travel Guide: 668 reviews and 1,855 photos
After our Mt. Pulag climb we were 6 VT'ers who took the bus to Sagada - it was a 6 hrs bus ride from Baguio through some beautiful landscapes with rice terraces everywhere going up and down the winding dirt mountain roads.
In this photo you see missmarianne, queenn and barbie_sunrise but in the group were also jonXXX, kentski11 and me OH_DK. The photo is taken in Marlboro Country near Sagada - we were on a day trip with the local guide Alfred. We had a great day hiking in this beautiful landscape - most of the time we were above the clouds and on the way we saw wild horses and many cows.
In Sagada they have an old tradition of hanging the coffins with the dead on a cliff wall like here or put them in a cave.
This was a private collection of excibits. It was owned by the woman who showed us around. She was closely related to the Igorot tripe that used to be head hunters.
The woman told me that a Danish Antropologist was staying in Sagada and she studied the traditions of the Igorot tripe.
- Pros:Beautiful town, great climate, relaxed friendly people
- Cons:no cons
- In a nutshell:I think my favorite place on this trip
Marlboro is a beautiful untouched landscape to go hiking not far from Sagada. We went on a day trip there with the local... more travel advice
Here we tried their speciality Lemon Pie and also had mountain tea. It tasted very good more travel advice
OH_DK's Related Pages
Sagada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sagada: My Nirvana"
- "Sagada? So how many times have you been back?"
- "Paradise Amidst Mountains"
- "Serene Sagada"
- "SAGADA: No other place on earth comes close"
- "Sagada High"
- "ON THE ROAD TO SAGADA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sagada
- Hotels in Sagada
- Transportation in Sagada
- Nightlife in Sagada
- Restaurants in Sagada
- Shopping in Sagada
- Warnings and Dangers in Sagada
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Sagada
- 5 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Sagada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sagada
- Posted in Travel Forum "Re: Bus or Van?"
- updated a Sagada Travelogue "Spelunking through Lumiang and Sumaging caves"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Sagada a beautiful little town in the mountains"
- Commented on one of nimato's Sagada travel pages
- Wrote a Review Go hiking in Marlboro Country in Sagada Things to Do
Photos in SagadaSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Copenhagen Intro, 14 reviews, 50 photos, 3 travelogues
- Karlsruhe Intro, 1 review, 59 photos, 8 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 54 photos, 7 travelogues
- Christiansø Intro, 14 reviews, 39 photos, 2 travelogues
- Province of Benguet Intro, 52 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Roskilde Intro, 14 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sagada Intro, 5 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Malta Intro, 2 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Bled Intro, 11 reviews, 23 photos
- Darwin Intro, 4 reviews, 25 photos, 3 travelogues