"San Miguel de Allende..." San Miguel de Allende by Ronald_T
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide: 131 reviews and 282 photos
San Miguel de Allende in the State of Guanajuato. In 1542, Friar Juan de San Miguel founded the community of San Miguel el Grande in a area inhabited by Guamare and Purepechas nomadic tribes. The community grew rapidly as it was on the mining route between Guanajuato, Zacatecas and San Luis Potosi. San Miguel el Grande was an important town between Dolores Hidalgo and Queretaro during the start of the Mexican War of Independence. In 1826, the name of the city went changed to San Miguel de Allende, hero of the War of Independence. San Miguel is a cosmopolitan and picturesque colonial city of international fame. With the beauty of its architecture and its tranquil atmosphere, the city has become one of Mexico’s most important tourist and cultural centres. San Miguel draws both national and international artists and writers who, charmed by its unique ambiance, have established permanent residences here. From a vantage point above the city, San Miguel resembles a Christmas nativity scene where at night hundreds of twinkling lights cast shadows on the narrow cobblestone streets, elegant mansions and churches, all of wish have been instrumental in the designation of San Miguel as a Mexican National Monument.
Nowadays, San Miguel offers an excellent variety of cultural events such as the International Chamber Music Festival and the National Brass and Wool Fair, to name a few. Numerous art exhibitions are also held throughout the year. Located outside of San Miguel there are thermal hot springs and spas for those who want to relax and unwind. The warmth and friendliness of the people and the awe inspiring colonial architecture have enveloped many who are spellbound forever by this city of unparalleled charm....
Ronald_T's Related Pages
San Miguel de Allende Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Miguel de Allende"
- "My first trip to Mexico! An incredible journey!"
- "Another Side of Mexico"
- "San Miguel de Allende, Mexico"
- "Special Lil' Place"
- "Travel Notes from San Miguel de Allende"
- "SAN MIGUEL de ALLENDE, MEXICO"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Miguel de Allende
- Hotels in San Miguel de Allende
- Transportation in San Miguel de Allende
- Nightlife in San Miguel de Allende
- Restaurants in San Miguel de Allende
- Shopping in San Miguel de Allende
- Warnings and Dangers in San Miguel de Allende
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in San Miguel de Allende
- 0 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to San Miguel de Allende?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Miguel de Allende
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 47 reviews, 310 photos, 16 travelogues
- Canberra Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 7 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 56 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 36 reviews, 155 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 38 reviews, 146 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guanajuato Intro, 20 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Huatulco Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Potosí Intro, 21 reviews, 133 photos, 13 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- Turnhout Intro, 69 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Latest San Miguel de Allende hotel reviews
- Casa de Liza
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 27, 2013
- Nirvana Restaurant Retreat
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 1, 2013
- Real de Minas San Miguel de Allende
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2013
- Hotel Sautto
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 16, 2013
- Casa Calderoni Bed and Breakfast
- 163 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Las Terrazas San Miguel
- 249 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Casa de Sierra Nevada
- 195 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013