"Holland in't small..." Madurodam by Ronald_T
Madurodam Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 164 photos
We took a daytrip to Madurodam when we where in The Hague. It was many years ago I went here. In fact, it was from my primary school ago when we went here on a school trip. After all this years it was fine to see it back.
Maybe it is good to spend a day in Madurodam before discover Holland in real. Here you can see and photograph the buildings much better then when you see them in there own city. Everything is so small that it is easy to take pictures from above. Only these wooden shoes are in a bigger scale then the rest.
The pictures you see in here are not a photo session from whole Madurodam. There are over 170 buildings or views.
Madurodam is the smallest city from Holland and is building on a scale from 1.25. All replicas, railways and decorations get build in Madurodam. Also the trees and plants are grown on scale. On some buildings was worked for more then over four years. First they make precocious pictures from the original building. In the beginning, everything was made from wood, nowadays also from tongue and synthetic material. The replicas are very expensive; Rebuilding of the Saint Jean Basilica will cost more then 450.000 Euro...
There are two restaurants in Madurodam Park named; Restaurant Water Land and Restaurant Pavilion. You can find here a... more travel advice
This double waterwheel mill in Haaksbergen exists out a flourmill with two wheels and an oil mill with one wheel. This... more travel advice
Ronald_T's Related Pages
Madurodam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Explore Holland in Miniature"
- "Holland in small size !!!"
- "Holland in't small..."
- "Madurodam - Around the Netherlands in 80 minutes"
- "Something Different"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madurodam
- Transportation in Madurodam
- Restaurants in Madurodam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Madurodam
- 28 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Madurodam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madurodam
Photos in MadurodamSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 47 reviews, 310 photos, 16 travelogues
- Canberra Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 7 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 56 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 36 reviews, 155 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 38 reviews, 146 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guanajuato Intro, 20 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Huatulco Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Potosí Intro, 21 reviews, 133 photos, 13 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- Turnhout Intro, 69 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue