Canberra Hotel Tips by Ronald_T
Canberra Hotels: 8,047 reviews and 45 photos
<p><font face='Times New Roman' size='4'>The <b><a href='http://www.canberrabackpackers.com.au/' target = new> Canberra City Backpackers</a></b> is an affordable luxury in the heart of Australia's National Capital. This is also in the heart of the city centre and near everything the <b>City Walk Hotel</b> offers. The <a href='http://www.canberrabackpackers.com.au/' target = new> Canberra City Backpackers</a> gives you more luxury with a licensed bar, roof-top garden, internet café, free cable TV, indoor heated pool & spa, sauna, gym, BBQ area, free breakfast etc, etc…</font></p>
<p align='center'><font face='Times New Roman' size='4'><a href='http://www.canberrabackpackers.com.au' target = new>Canberra City Backpackers</a>
7 Akuna Street
Theme: Bed and Breakfast
<p><font face='Times New Roman' size='4'>As you know from above, I stayed at my friend's place but will give you here two hotels that (in my opinion) are the best in Canberra just in terms of location that's in the heart of the city. They are also good if you are on a low budget travel.
The first one is the <b><a href='http://canberra.citysearch.com.au/E/V/CANBE/0025/38/23/' target = new> City Walk Hotel</a></b>. Closer to the city centre I cant find a thing. This hotel is located above a shopping complex that includes a newsagent, café, clubs, restaurant, medical centre and also for the ladies a hair salon, fashion clothing and shops. When you step out you are already on the bus interchange. You are also a few steps away from the Jolimont Interstate Bus Terminal, taxi rank, cinema, casino and don't forget the pubs.
Maybe on the outside not good on the eye, but if you check their <a href='http://canberra.citysearch.com.au/E/V/CANBE/0025/38/23/' target = new> web page</a> you will see it's a neat place.</font></p>
<p align='center'><font face='Times New Roman' size='4'><a href='http://canberra.citysearch.com.au/E/V/CANBE/0025/38/23/' target = new>City Walk Hotel</a>
2 Mort Street
<p><font face='Times New Roman' size='4'>At <b>my best friend's home</b> in <b>Amaroo</b>, a suburb in
<b>Gungahlin</b> in <b>North Canberra</b>. Canberra is so widespread; it's a fact that when Griffin designed Canberra he did not have the foresight that Canberra would grow. The outcome of this is that you now have satellite townships in the outskirts of Canberra proper, with most people living away from the city centre. This meant also that you don't find high apartments but most of the time nice low built houses, however this is changing because in the city centre now there are growing numbers of apartments being built. The picture you see here is taken at my friend's home around Christmas time. That moment we had also a visit of a <b>older Papua New Guinea woman</b>, she is also a <b>poet</b> and some of her works or written in <b>Yoko Ono's</b> book about <b>John Lennon</b> '<b>Imagine Strawberry
More Reviews (31)
- See All The Tidbinbilla Reserve...
- See All It was only 10 months ago...
- See All When you are visiting the...
- Just placing pics now. Info...
- See All By foot, bus or taxi are the...
Ronald_T's Related Pages
Canberra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CANBERRA - Aboriginal for "MEETING PLACE""
- "The Bush Capital..or..a good sheep paddock wasted?"
- "A Capital Idea"
- "Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........"
- "Canberra Our Home"
- "A Capital City in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "CANBERRA, WE KEEP COMING BACK HERE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canberra
- Hotels in Canberra
- Transportation in Canberra
- Nightlife in Canberra
- Restaurants in Canberra
- Shopping in Canberra
- Warnings and Dangers in Canberra
- See All...
Explore the World
- Casa Andina Private Collection - Miraflores
- Best Western Northwoods Inn
- Bedford Swan Hotel
- Hotell Aveny
- Xamanek Hostel
- Hotel de Geneve
- Archipelago Hostel Old Town
- Hotel Stary
- Old Town Square Hotel and Residence
- Comfort Inn And Suites
- Motel 6
- Lantana Lodge Backpackers
- Standpipe Golf Motor Inn
- Redang Bay Resort
Badges & Stats in Canberra
- 34 Reviews
- 161 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 122 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Canberra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canberra
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Re: Places in the near area"
- updated a Canberra Travel Page "Canberra, Capital of Australia..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Canberra, Capital of Australia..."
- Wrote a Review The Tidbinbilla Reserve... about National Parks/Reserves/Countryside in Canberra Things to Do
- Commented on one of Sweetberry1's Canberra travel pages
Photos in CanberraSee All Photos (161)
Read real reviews about Canberra Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 47 reviews, 310 photos, 16 travelogues
- Canberra Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 7 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 56 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 36 reviews, 155 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 38 reviews, 146 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guanajuato Intro, 20 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Huatulco Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Potosí Intro, 21 reviews, 133 photos, 13 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- Turnhout Intro, 69 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Latest Canberra hotel reviews
- Comfort Inn & Suites Capital Executive Canberra
- 162 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Kingston Court Apartments Canberra
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Canberra Lyneham Motor Inn
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 4, 2013
- Canberra Rex Hotel
- 184 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Hotel Kurrajong
- 97 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- University House
- 113 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- Diamant Boutique Canberra
- 327 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Manuka Park Apartments
- 42 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 21, 2013
- The Brassey of Canberra
- 88 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 29, 2013
- Victor Lodge
- 28 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- City Walk Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- The Canberra Waldorf Apartment Hotel
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Medina Classic - Canberra
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Australian War Memorial- 66 Reviews, 134 Photos
- New Parliament House- 40 Reviews, 69 Photos
- The Telstra Tower / Black Mountain- 18 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Galleries / Museums- 55 Reviews, 147 Photos
- Parks /Gardens / Lakes- 53 Reviews, 117 Photos
- Old Parliament House- 18 Reviews, 41 Photos
- Cockington Green- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Outdoor Adventure- 10 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Embassies- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Heritage Sites- 8 Reviews, 25 Photos
See All Canberra Things to Do