Canberra Restaurant Tips by Ronald_T
Canberra Restaurants: 65 reviews and 77 photos
<p><font face='Times New Roman' size='4'>In fact, I don't have a favourite restaurant in Canberra. First of all, I stayed at my <b>best friends house</b> and ate sometimes at <b>home</b> but also <b>frequently</b> in one of the several <b>sport clubs</b> Canberra counts. Those clubs offer <b>good food</b> for a <b>small price</b> and you can fill in your evening there with drinks, which are reasonably priced. They make their big money with the large number of <b>poker machines</b> they offer. But alas, you have to be an inhabited of Canberra to get a membership, however some do interstate or international visitors to use their facilities. I was able to get in because my friend is a member and can invite people as well. But Canberra offers also very good restaurants. The city is right up there with Sydney and Melbourne in terms of the number of restaurants per head of population. In Canberra, you'll find this reflected in the range of restaurants available: <b>Turkish</b>, <b>Mexican</b>, <b>Thai</b>, <b>Chinese</b>, <b>Italian</b>, <b>Greek</b> and <b>Vietnamese</b>... we could go on and on. What links all these cuisines together is their access to <b>fresh local ingredients</b>. Meat is high quality and relatively inexpensive. Seafood is flown in from the nearby coasts. Fresh vegetables are readily available. I have tried several restaurants in Canberra and all I can say is that they are excellent, and most of the time even betters then the ones in Melbourne. There the taste of all of us is very different you better check out this <b><a href='http://canberra.citysearch.com.au/Canberra/Food_Wine/Restaurants/' target = new> web page</a></b> first to make a decision. <b>For the fast food junkies.</b> Yes, you'll find <b>McDonalds</b>, <b>KFC</b>, <b>Pizza Hut</b> and the like, with the same reliable recipes they have everywhere else in the world. But take my word; <b>the best fast food restaurant is Ali Ba Ba</b> (<font color='#0000FF'>see
picture</font>) on the corner of <b>Bunda Street</b>.</font></p>
More Reviews (33)
- See All The Tidbinbilla Reserve...
- See All It was only 10 months ago...
- See All When you are visiting the...
- Just placing pics now. Info...
- See All By foot, bus or taxi are the...
Ronald_T's Related Pages
Canberra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wonderful, immoral, tempting and terribly ........"
- "CANBERRA - Aboriginal for "MEETING PLACE""
- "The Bush Capital..or..a good sheep paddock wasted?"
- "A Capital Idea"
- "Canberra Our Home"
- "A Capital City in the Middle of Nowhere"
- "CANBERRA, WE KEEP COMING BACK HERE!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Canberra
- Hotels in Canberra
- Transportation in Canberra
- Nightlife in Canberra
- Restaurants in Canberra
- Shopping in Canberra
- Warnings and Dangers in Canberra
- See All...
Explore the World
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- Quezon City Hotels
- Makati Hotels
- Bacolod City Hotels
- Davao City Hotels
- Laoag City Hotels
- Davao Hotels
- Munnar Hotels
- Coron Hotels
- Southern Province Hotels
- Seattle Hotels
- Goose Rocks Beach Hotels
- State of Jammu and Kashmir Hotels
- Ottawa Hotels
- Pulau Mamutik Hotels
- Pensacola Beach Hotels
- St. John's Hotels
- Beijing Hotels
- Abu Dhabi Hotels
Badges & Stats in Canberra
- 34 Reviews
- 161 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 122 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Canberra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Canberra
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "Re: Re: Places in the near area"
- updated a Canberra Travel Page "Canberra, Capital of Australia..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Canberra, Capital of Australia..."
- Wrote a Review The Tidbinbilla Reserve... about National Parks/Reserves/Countryside in Canberra Things to Do
- Commented on one of Sweetberry1's Canberra travel pages
Photos in CanberraSee All Photos (161)
Top 10 Pages
- Mexico City Intro, 47 reviews, 310 photos, 16 travelogues
- Canberra Intro, 34 reviews, 161 photos, 7 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 56 reviews, 138 photos, 5 travelogues
- Sydney Intro, 36 reviews, 155 photos, 9 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 38 reviews, 146 photos, 7 travelogues
- Guanajuato Intro, 20 reviews, 163 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Cruz Huatulco Intro, 89 reviews, 90 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Luis Potosí Intro, 21 reviews, 133 photos, 13 travelogues
- Brugge Intro, 36 reviews, 111 photos, 8 travelogues
- Turnhout Intro, 69 reviews, 77 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (125)
Latest Canberra hotel reviews
- Rydges Eagle Hawk Resort
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Comfort Inn & Suites Capital Executive Canberra
- 190 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 27, 2013
- Olims Hotel Canberra An All Seasons Hotel
- 523 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Canberra
- 559 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 30, 2013
- Country Comfort Greenway Hotel
- 83 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 9, 2013
- Hyatt Hotel Canberra
- 543 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 28, 2013
- Quest Canberra A Quest Inn
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Canberra YHA
- 89 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Gold Creek Tourist Resort
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2013
- Rydges Capital Hill Canberra
- 411 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 25, 2013
- CANBERRA CITY GATEWAY MOTEL
- 15 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 21, 2010
- Canberra Lyneham Motor Inn
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 5, 2013
- Hotel Realm
- 327 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 24, 2013
- Quality Hotel Dickson
- 114 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2013
- City Walk Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
- Australian War Memorial- 67 Reviews, 137 Photos
- New Parliament House- 45 Reviews, 88 Photos
- Parks /Gardens / Lakes- 58 Reviews, 142 Photos
- Galleries / Museums- 55 Reviews, 147 Photos
- The Telstra Tower / Black Mountain- 18 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Cockington Green- 12 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Outdoor Adventure- 10 Reviews, 34 Photos
- Embassies- 12 Reviews, 18 Photos
- National Parks/Reserves/Countryside- 10 Reviews, 23 Photos
- Government Buildings- 12 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Canberra Things to Do