"WHITSAND BAY - NEAR TORPOINT, CORNWALL." Torpoint by yozza2005
Torpoint Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 9 photos
Probably South East Cornwall's best beach with a 3 mile stretch of perfect sand but access to the beach is very steep and only the Tregonhawke part of the beach has toilets. The beach can be used for surfing but there are rip currents and the lifeguard service has been cancelled to save money (but has now resumed for from June- September). The western end of the beach is closed during Tregantle Fort firing range operation
BREAK TYPE: beach
WAVE DIRECTION: various
IDEAL WIND: north easterly
IDEAL SWELL: south westerly
IDEAL TIDE: all
HAZARDS: wood from wreck and dockyard waste
AVERAGE WATER TEMPS: 8°C - 16°C
I've surfed 5/6ft clean here.
On it's day, it can produce the best British waves.
- Pros:on it's day, great surf. NEVER busy.
yozza2005's Related Pages
Torpoint Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Torpoint - On The Way to Somewhere...."
- "WHITSAND BAY - NEAR TORPOINT, CORNWALL."
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Torpoint
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Torpoint?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Torpoint
Photos in TorpointSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Plymouth Intro, 16 reviews, 9 photos
- Waya Island Intro, 1 review, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Gunnislake Intro, 6 reviews, 1 photo
- Melbourne 5 reviews, 1 photo
- Tongariro National Park 1 review, 5 photos
- Auckland 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Padstow Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Seaton 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Sydney 4 reviews
No friends yet.