"Madaba, Jordan" Madaba by scpinmd
Madaba Travel Guide: 129 reviews and 451 photos
Only part of the map on the floor of the Church has been preserved. It originally measured 25 x 5 meters and was made of more than 2 million pieces of colored stone. The map shows the entire region from Jordan and Palestine in the north, to Egypt in the south. This famous mosaic was designed around 570 AD to decorate the floor of the church.
The Church of St. George was built in 1896 over the remains of the original Byzantine Church.
This is our taxi from the Miriam Hotel to Petra via Kings Highway. Our luggage had to be secured to the top of the vehicle. This picture was taken during our stop at Wadi Mujid. We also had a stop at Kerak along the way.
scpinmd's Related Pages
Madaba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Madaba and Mount Nebo: a window over the Holy Land"
- "Town of mosaics"
- "An Excellent base to explore Jordan"
- "A Great Alternative to Amman"
- "Madaba, a Friendly Town"
- "Not Just the City of Mosaics"
- "Madaba - مادبا"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Madaba
- Hotels in Madaba
- Transportation in Madaba
- Restaurants in Madaba
- Shopping in Madaba
- Warnings and Dangers in Madaba
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Madaba
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Madaba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Madaba
Top 10 Pages
- Jerusalem Intro, 8 reviews, 14 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Madrid Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Baltimore Intro, 1 review, 8 photos
- Amman Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 3 photos
- Petra Intro, 3 photos
- Alicante Intro, 3 photos
- Madaba Intro, 3 photos