"Often overlooked" `Amran by dutchwindmill
`Amran Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 39 photos
This old city is often overlooked as it may have no particular sights distinguishing it from other old cities in Yemen. But the ensemble is very nice and well-kept. And within easy reach. Amran makes for a nice stop on a day trip from Sana'a via Wadi Dahr to Amran and then onto Thula, Hababah, Shibam/Kawkaban and back to Sana'a. Total time behind the wheel: 3 hours.
Some will follow you around, but as this is a city low on tourists they follow the old Yemeni values, including 'no begging'.
For those with a discerning eye the houses differ from city to city.
- Pros:Quiet; old town in good shape
Not sure what the village is called, but just when you leave Sana'a on the new macadam road to Thula (half-an-hour's... more travel advice
dutchwindmill's Related Pages
`Amran Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Often overlooked"
- "another beautiful old city after Sana'a"
- "Amran and the Hajja Region"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in `Amran
- 3 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to `Amran?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Amran
Photos in `AmranSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanaa Intro, 18 reviews, 18 photos
- Yemen Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shibam 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Aden Municipality Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- `Amran Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos
- Shaharah Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Oman Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Manakhah Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Cairo 7 reviews
- Djibouti Intro, 6 reviews