"PUTTAPARTHY- home of BHAGAWAN SHRI SATHYA SAI BABA" State of Andhra Pradesh by MaheshSamtani
State of Andhra Pradesh Travel Guide: 412 reviews and 785 photos
Puttparthy is a small town in the province of Andhra Pradesh but very well know and very familiar to all the devotees the world around of Bhagawan Shri Sathya Sai Baba. I am one of them and went here after five years. Nothing much has changed as to the aspect of the town except for quite some improvements in the facilities of the Sathya Sai organization to its visitors and devotees.
This is a town bustling with activity all year around and said to be the biggest concentration of foreigners throughout the whole year in all of India. Being a small town it surely is a big achievement. Added to the visitors from many countries are the visitors from India itself, which means a lot of people.
Bhagawan Shri Sathya Sai Baba has surely inspired me and changed my life and that of millions of other people. Just to give you some brief information, amongst his devotees are people of all cultures, nationalities and religious beliefs following his principles of human values which helps people to be better people whatever their background is.
The town apart from being an attraction to the devotees who go there as a place of cult could also be a place of tourist interest as there are many fantastic buildings constructed by the Sahtya Sai organization such as the Hospital, the different museums, the education centres as the Sathya Sai Institue of higher learning, the sports facilities and many other attractions which are unique in their design and architecture.
Bhagwan Sathya Sai Baba's emphasis has been on service to the society, free education, free medical and health services to the poor, rural development for improving the living conditions of die weaker sections of the society are some of his major contributions.
A laudable contribution has been the provision of drinking water to the people in 731 villages in Ananthapur district of Andhra Pradesh by laying 2500 Kms long pipelines, construction of hundreds of reservoirs and overhead tanks. Such a massive project was envisaged and completed in less than a year.
Located at a distance of 85 km from Ananthapur and 160 Kms from Bangalore, Puttaparthy has a population of around 8,000 and a favourable climate with temperatures ranging between 25 to 35 degrees centigrade. so the next time you are in India, this surely is a destination I would suggest and if you get to see Bhagawan Shri Sathya Sai baba, you can get a clear picture of why so many people get here.
It is perfectly normal to see many known faces at the ashram. There are many sai devotees who are presidents, vice presidents and prime ministers of countries, actors of Hollywood and bollywood and many other public faces from all walks of life. Isaac Tigret - founder of the Hard rock cafe chain is one of them and he adopted one of Sai Baba´s sayings which you can see at most of the hard rock restaurants around the world - Love all serve all. He sold his chain of restaurants a few years ago to dedicate more time near Sai Baba.
MaheshSamtani's Related Pages
State of Andhra Pradesh Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Andhra Pardesh"
- "ANDHRA PRADESH"
- "andhra pradesh"
- "Rishi Valley, Chittoor Dist."
- "PUTTAPARTHY- home of BHAGAWAN SHRI SATHYA SAI BABA"
- "Horselly Hills- Andhara OOty"
- See All...
- Things to Do in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Hotels in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Transportation in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Nightlife in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Restaurants in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Shopping in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Warnings and Dangers in State of Andhra Pradesh
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in State of Andhra Pradesh
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to State of Andhra Pradesh?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in State of Andhra Pradesh
- Posted in Travel Valencia Forum "Re: Agua de Valencia..?"
- updated a State of Andhra Pradesh Travel Page "PUTTAPARTHY- home of BHAGAWAN SHRI SATHYA SAI BABA"
- Uploaded a Photo to "PUTTAPARTHY- home of BHAGAWAN SHRI SATHYA SAI BABA"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 86 reviews, 209 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 26 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 17 reviews, 37 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Benidorm Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Spain Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Top State of Andhra Pradesh hotels