"Alicante - Host city to the 2008 VOLVO OCEAN RACE" Alicante by MaheshSamtani
Alicante Travel Guide: 511 reviews and 1,227 photos
It does not matter if you come to Alicante by Sea, Road or Air, all ways warmly welcome visiitors to the city that is called the City of Light. With over 3000 years of history and with signs of the the many civilizations that have passed through this city of the famous costa blanca. This city has a diversity of offerings and constrasts for all visitors.
With a huge variety of of foreigners who have made the province of Alicante as their second home, the area is flourishing with a lot of movement that this factor has added to its economy. Many other attractions await the normal tourists suc as the gardens, parks, monuments, museusms, fine beaches that the city has to offer apart from all the other added attractions of the major citites suchas as Benidorm, Javea, Denia, Torrevieja and a huge number of other citites with tourist attractions that dominate the coastline of this province.
In June 2006, The city of Alicante was also awarded to be host city to the the world famous Volvo Ocean Race, which adds to the fame and prestige of the city and also at the same time attracting a big volume of tourists who will be attending this event.
Any time of the year is good to visit Alicante. As I have mentioned before this place is know as the cityof Light and good weather predominates this blessed area of the country. The Alicante Altet airport is one of the busiest airports in the country being a hub of many low cost airlines which bring in an enormous number of tourists as well as foreigners of different nationalities who call this place their second home.
Guadalest is a town that is just about 63 Kilometers from Alicante and it is place that is surely going to suprise you.... more travel advice
If you are under the impression that a rice dish is only limited to the well know dish of PAELLA - you are surely not on... more travel advice
MaheshSamtani's Related Pages
Alicante Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alicante, my home city"
- "Alicante, pueblo grande"
- "A city to discover!!"
- "WELCOME TO ALICANTE!"
- "Alicante - we never really intended to be there!"
- "Alicante, Spain"
- "ALICANTE - COSTA BLANCA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alicante
- Hotels in Alicante
- Transportation in Alicante
- Nightlife in Alicante
- Restaurants in Alicante
- Shopping in Alicante
- Warnings and Dangers in Alicante
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alicante
- 7 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Alicante?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alicante
- Posted in Travel Bilbao Forum "Re: Any one day bus tours from..."
- Wrote a Review VISIT GUADALEST- if you want many good surprises in Alicante Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "VISIT GUADALEST- if you want many good surprises"
- updated a Alicante Travel Page "Alicante - Host city to the 2008 VOLVO OCEAN RACE"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 87 reviews, 211 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Madrid Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Benidorm Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos