"Castellon - many attractions to enjoy" Castellón de la Plana by MaheshSamtani
Castellón de la Plana Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 43 photos
Castellon is a city that is located about 60 kilometers north of Valencia and has a lot to offer. A very dynamic industrial area which is world famous for its ceramic tiles, kilometers of beautiful beach streches covering popular cities like Benicasim, Peñiscola, Benicarlo or Vinaroz to name a few.
This city has recently ( January 2008 ) been awarded a PGA TOUR VENUE ( Thanks to local hero and world famous Sergio Garcia ) and will be hosting this prestigious competiion every year, putting this city even more on the global map. It has its very own airport being constructed which hopes to be operational very soon. Around the year 2010, the city will be connected with a high speed train availing the possibility to get to Madrid, for example which is 425kilometers away in less than 2 hours or Barcelona around the same time. The ity is very well connected by road towards all directions and specially by the AP7, whic is a highway that connects Barcelona towrds the north and Valencia towrds the south.
As far as the climate is concerened the lowest temperatures are in January and just reach 10º centigrade which makes it absolutely mild and its just great to walk on any of the beaches with the sun shining brightly above your head. On the other extreme it rarely gets hotter than 25º in August, just enough to enjoy and pick up a good tan in summer.
The city has been home to the Harley Davidson Mass meeting since 18 years, The Benicasim music festival is a must for many youngsters every summer. I have just mentioned a few attractions but there surely are many other cultural, festive, gastronomical, sports and other related activities to have a great time in Castellon and its Province.
Many towns in the whole of the Valencian community organize festivals during the festive week of each town. Some of these street festivals have bulls running down the streets, some with fire on their horns. It may look very similiar to the famous bull running of Pamplona, but each city has got its own attractive part and if you get a chance to participate and run in front of a bull, just be careful as it is not easy as it sounds, specially if you have an animal who weighs over 400 kilos breathing at your neck.
If you have a day to spare during your trip to Castellon, you might probably want to get to a place called Oropesa,... more travel advice
MaheshSamtani's Related Pages
Castellón de la Plana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Castillion on the Plain"
- "Castellon - many attractions to enjoy"
- "The forgotten coastal city"
- "El maestrat"
- "Comunidad Valenciana, Espana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Castellón de la Plana
- Hotels in Castellón de la Plana
- Nightlife in Castellón de la Plana
- Restaurants in Castellón de la Plana
- Warnings and Dangers in Castellón de la Plana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Castellón de la Plana
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Castellón de la Plana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Castellón de la Plana
Photos in Castellón de la PlanaSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 87 reviews, 211 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Madrid Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Benidorm Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos