"A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia by MaheshSamtani
Valencia Travel Guide: 1,298 reviews and 3,436 photos
The are many fantastic destinations that one can choose to visit, however a visit to Valencia would be a very good choice. With a great diversity of attractions withing the city and all around the place. Being in spain is living great sensations at all times. The City itself has many attractions to offer strting from the City of Arts and Sciences, Port America, Albufera, the gastronomy, fallas, and many more things without forgetting the friendly people. I would suggest a minimum of 3 nights to have a relaxed, however intense trip.
Some facts about Valencia would be that it is a great historical and cultural city with 42 museums, 12 theaters, 13 main art galeries, one great monument descibed to be as Patrimony of the humanity by the UNESCO, which is the Lonja. It is a very active commercial city, with one of the most important ports in Spain, regular conventions are held by institutions and private companies, who use the wonderfull infrastuctures that the city has to offer. All this with a population of around 800.000 and an average tempreture of around 17º and many beautifull beaches and other natural attractions. With very good road, train and air connections to major Spanish and European cities, Valencia is very well connected to the rest of civilization.
Download a map of the city with other intersting directions from this link
The latest Lamborghini , called the Bat Roadster has a great significance for the Valencian Community as its shapes are remarkably similar to the lines achieved in the City of Arts and Sciences in Valencia by Santiago Calatrava. This has been admitted by designer Luc Dongerwalke, who stated that the shapes of the City of Arts and Sciences are perfect for adapting for cars. In the picture below, the lower part of the rear of the roadster, whilst the top is part of the Prince Felipe Science Museum in the City of Arts and Sciences. What better form of flattery and pride for our city ?
IF YOU LOVE FOOD YOUR ARE GOING TO LOVE THIS BIT OF NEWS
If you happen to be in Valencia this year (2010) between the 5th and the 11th of July, you are in a for a feast. It is the VALENCIA RESTAURANT WEEK. Some of the most prestigious restaurants of the city offers their best dishes at a flat rate of 20 Euros for lunch and 30 Euros for dinner - Drinks apart. Check out the participating restaurants and their menus at the following link - http://www.valenciacuinaoberta.com/Inicio.aspx
Buen provecho and dont forget to have a drink to my health. Cheers.
Google has now decided to use the City of Valencia as the basis for its new Google Transit programme, that in addition to the traditional Google street maps of the City, will now include all bus and Metro routes. In addition the programme will advise you on the fastest way to get from one point in the City to another, even to estimating the time the journey may take. This is the successful conclusion of talks between Google and Valencia Town Hall, and has only been preceded by similar programmes for Lisbon and Vienna
At the followinglink you will find discount vouchers for many activities, restaurants, parks and lots... more travel advice
Getting around Valencia has become much more fun, provided you know to ride a bicycle. A new service called VALENBICI... more travel advice
- See All CHILLOUT SUNSET CRUISE
- See All THE NAME SAYS IT ALL
- See All CHIC WELL PRICED ROOMS
- See All VISIT THE MESTALLA STADIUM
MaheshSamtani's Related Pages
Valencia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT"
- "Fireworks, oranges & light"
- " Something old , something new , ..."
- "Las Fallas 2008!!"
- "Valencia - a winter escape"
- "Celebrations in Valencia!"
- "Visiting Valencia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Valencia
- Hotels in Valencia
- Transportation in Valencia
- Nightlife in Valencia
- Restaurants in Valencia
- Shopping in Valencia
- Warnings and Dangers in Valencia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Valencia
- 88 Reviews
- 211 Photos
- 39 Forum posts
- 13 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Valencia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Valencia
- Posted in Travel Spain Forum "Re: Train travel in spain"
- Wrote a Review Yummy deals - 12 - 15 Euros in Valencia Restaurants
- updated a Valencia Travel Page "A GREAT PLACE TO VISIT"
- Uploaded a Video to Valencia
- Uploaded a Photo to "GREAT SPANISH FOOD"
- Commented on one of Aloe9678's Valencia travel pages
Photos in ValenciaSee All Photos (211)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia Intro, 88 reviews, 211 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 28 reviews, 55 photos
- Madrid Intro, 19 reviews, 40 photos
- Lucerne Intro, 9 reviews, 23 photos
- Punta Cana Intro, 5 reviews, 24 photos
- State of Kerala Intro, 7 reviews, 18 photos
- Benidorm Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Mumbai Intro, 6 reviews, 16 photos
- Alicante Intro, 7 reviews, 13 photos