"The home of the Pizza - Naples - Italy" Naples by MaheshSamtani

Naples Travel Guide: 1,251 reviews and 3,120 photos

Sunny, lively, and simply unforgettable

Naples in Italy is a city that was never on my top list of cities for visiting. however when we ( my family and myself) decided to set out on our first cruise, this was one of the cities as en route destinations. However after having visited this city, even though it was for just a day, which was very intense, I am so glad that I had the opportunity to visit this fantastic city.

As I have mentioned, this was a stop on our first cruise. We had not planned to take any excursion that was offered on board and wanted to visit the city free style. I had prepared some information on sites and places to visit. However what I wanted to do was to hire a private taxi to take us around and that was the best that I could do. We hired a Mercedes, at a good rate, with a fantastic driver and had a great time.

To start with I must say that it is a known fact that driving in many Italian cities is pretty chaotic and Naples would win for being in the first place in this list. However I had so many fantastic experiences, which I will be mentioning in different tips. I would highly recommend this destination, if you have the chance to do so.

• Last visit to Naples: Jul 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2009

MaheshSamtani

“travelling is learning and understanding”

Badges & Stats in Naples