"Visit to the Holey Land" Luzit by iblatt
Luzit Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 11 photos
No, this is no spelling mistake. The area around Luzit is known for many holes, many of them cave openings, and that's how Luzit got its nickname.
No doubt Luzit is located "off the beaten track". It is a village built in a remote area, between the coastal plain and the Judean foothills. However, no place in Israel is truly remote, it's only 15 minutes back to "civilization".
Luzit's attraction is its limestone caves. They are beautiful, impressive and mysterious, and are worth the detour (see my "Things to Do" tip).
Luzit brings back old memories: When I was an 11th grade student my class was sent for two weeks to Bet Nir, a small kibbutz about 5 km west of Luzit. We picked apples and nectarines in the mornings, and in the afternoon we either lazed around the village or went on trips in the vicinity.
I remember the day when we all hopped on a wooden platform attached behind a tractor, and a kibbutz member took us to the Luzit caves. The road was extra bumpy and we struggled to stay on the platform during the rugged ride. Then the tractor stopped in the middle of a rocky hillside. We jumped off and were then introduced to the hidden magic of the caves.
I have recently visited the caves again, only to discover (to my relief) that nothing has changed and the caves have preserved their pristine beauty.
This warning should not be taken lightly. The Luzit area is strewn with holes, covered by vegetation, which can be... more travel advice
iblatt's Related Pages
Luzit Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Luzit
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Luzit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Luzit
Photos in LuzitSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos