"Migdal by the Sea of Galilee" Migdal by iblatt
Migdal Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 18 photos
Today Migdal is a village built on a hill slope near the Sea of Galilee (Lake Kinneret). It is built somewhat like an amphitheater overlooking the lake, a pretty place attracting visitors. Many private houses have rooms to rent for one night, a weekend or for longer periods. The cliffs of Mount Arbel provide a scenic backdrop, adding to the beauty of Migdal.
We enjoy the hospitality of the people of Migdal once a year, when we go to the "Jacob's Ladder" folk festival in nearby Ginnosar on the Sea of Galilee.
The name of Mary Magdalene, a central figure in the story of Jesus of Nazareth, means "Mary of Magdala": Today's Migdal.
Magdala was a fishermen's village on the Sea of Galilee.
In the museum of nearby Kibbutz Ginnosar you can see an original fishermen's boat from around Jesus's period, possibly belonging to the fishermen of Magdala.
For our yearly journey to the Jacob's Ladder Folk Festival in Ginnosar, on the Sea of Galilee, we chose to stay... more travel advice
iblatt's Related Pages
Migdal Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Migdal
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (25)
Have you been to Migdal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Migdal
Photos in MigdalSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos