"Nes Harim" Nes Harim by iblatt
Nes Harim Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 12 photos
The moshav (village) of Nes Harim was founded in 1950, in a beautiful wooded area of the Judean Mountains, at a height of 690 meters above sea level, overlooking the Soreq Valley.
When the village was founded it bordered on a pine grove, planted during the British mandate period. Today it is located in the noerthern end of the USA Independence Park, a 30,000 dunam park on the south western slopes of the Judean Mountains, bordering on the Soreq Valley nature reserve.
In the moshav itself there is a water park and a winery ("Katlav Winery"), but the main attraction is outside the village, in the woods and forests, valleys and springs. There are hiking and biking trails with different levels of difficulty.
The road leading from Beit Shemesh to Nes Harim is a beautiful scenic route, which is fun to drive.
A few kilometers west of Nes Harim is the Soreq Cave, a unique and beautiful stalactite cave.
If you want a glimpse of the beautiful views of the Judean Hills and its vegetation without going on a hike, the Soreq... more travel advice
iblatt's Related Pages
Nes Harim Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Nes Harim
- 2 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (74)
Have you been to Nes Harim?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nes Harim
Photos in Nes HarimSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos