"Raanana: My Home Town in the Sharon Valley" Ra`ananna by iblatt
Ra`ananna Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 99 photos
"Pearl of the Sharon": This is the nickname that the PR people in the Raanana municipality chose for our town. A bit pretentious, but the town does try to live up to this nickname. Very Israeli, but a bit neater and tidier than many other towns, mainly because most residents make some effort to keep it clean and pretty, and care about what the streets and parks look like.
The population is mixed, like so many other Israeli cities and towns: secular and religious Jews live side by side and usually maintain a status quo of good neighborly relations. There are many English speakers (Americans, South Africans, British and even a token Irish community), but many sabras (Israeli born) of various ethnic origins. There is a Yemenite neighborhood, there are Russian immigrants from the 1990s, some Argenitinians, and recently many French new immigrants are making Raannana their home.
Most of the residential neighborhoods in Raanana are well planned, with greenery, parks and playgrounds away from the traffic. There are apartment blocks (like the one in the photo) and private single-family or two-family houses.
The Industrial zone, north of the the residential area, is named "Kiriat Etgarim": "City of Challenges". It's mainly occupied by hi-tech industries and office buildings. Some of the newer buildings are architecturally interesting, and inspire creativity in industry and in business.
- In a nutshell:A very pleasant place to live!
Do you like to play soccer? Or maybe basketball? Or handball? Or volleyball? You can go any time of day (or evening) to... more travel advice
Israel, with a constant water shortage, cannot boast many lakes in its municipal parks. The Raanana Park is lucky to... more travel advice
iblatt's Related Pages
Ra`ananna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Raanana: My Home Town in the Sharon Valley"
- "Raanana: Fresh and Green"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ra`ananna
- Transportation in Ra`ananna
- Nightlife in Ra`ananna
- Restaurants in Ra`ananna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ra`ananna
- 18 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Ra`ananna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ra`ananna
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Medical tourism"
- Commented on one of iblatt's Ra`ananna travel pages
- updated a Ra`ananna Travel Page "Raanana: My Home Town in the Sharon Valley"
- Wrote a Review Public Ball Game Courts in Ra`ananna Sports & Outdoors
- Uploaded a Photo to "Public Ball Game Courts"
- Uploaded a Video to Ra`ananna
Photos in Ra`anannaSee All Photos (66)
Videos in Ra`anannaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos