"From orange groves to the frontiers of science" Rehovot by iblatt
Rehovot Travel Guide: 39 reviews and 84 photos
What are my associations of Rehovot?
- An old Moshava (agricultural village) in the 1890s, which has developed into a city.
- Oranges, lots of them: orchards everywhere: once upon a time, not any more...
- The Weitzmann Institute, a world-renowned leading research institute in mathematics, physics, chemistry and the life sciences. Known as "The Institute" to locals. This is where I did my MD thesis, in the neurobiology department. The campus grounds are beautiful, and taking a walk there is inspiring!
- The Faculty of Agriculture of the Hebrew University, known as "The Faculty" to locals, across the street from the Weitzmann Institute.
- An ethnic mixture, reflecting all the Jewish immigration waves to Israel: Eastern Europeans, Yemenites, Germans, Russians, Ethiopians...
- During the siege of Jerusalem in the War of Independence: the departure point of armed convoys to Jerusalem.
- Home of some of our best friends (Daphna and Uri) and relatives (Philip and Ruth)!
Over the years the Weizmann Institute has dedicated effort and resources to create not only the most beautiful campus in... more travel advice
Walking the avenues and plazas of the Weizmann Institute is also a lesson in architecture over the last 6-7 decades. The... more travel advice
iblatt's Related Pages
Rehovot Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From orange groves to the frontiers of science"
- "Weizmann Institute of Science"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rehovot
- Hotels in Rehovot
- Transportation in Rehovot
- Nightlife in Rehovot
- Restaurants in Rehovot
- Shopping in Rehovot
- Warnings and Dangers in Rehovot
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rehovot
- 8 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (73)
Have you been to Rehovot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rehovot
Photos in RehovotSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos