Tel Aviv-Yafo Sports & Outdoors Tips by iblatt
Tel Aviv-Yafo Sports & Outdoors: 24 reviews and 37 photos
Cycling along the beach promenade
In October 2011 a bicycle trail was complted along the Herbert Samuel beach promenade.
The trail has two lanes, one in each direction. It is located between the sidewalk and the road. There are even special traffic lights for bicycles at 3 pedestrian zebra crossings.
You can either use your own bike, or rent one in a "rent-a-bike" stand on the promenade.
It's a pleasure to ride along the promenade, feel the breeze, see the world go by on the promenade...
Address: Along the Herbert Samuel Promenade.
Beach bat players on a Tel-Aviv beach
On the Tel-Aviv beaches you can take part in Israel's most popular beach sport: play beach bats with round wooden bats and a firm rubber ball.
You will be amazed by the speed and energy of the game when played by the "semi-professionals" on the beach!
It sometimes looks more like a high-speed squash game than a leisurely beach game.
So, watch the pros play and try it yourself!
Address: On any beach!
Theme: Beach Activities
Working out on the Tel-Aviv beach
On Tel-Aviv's beaches, open to everyone, there are open-air 'mini-fitness-centers" with weights and other gym equipment (see photos).
If you want to add some workout to lazing away on the beach, this is your chance!
Directions: On several of Tel-Aviv's public beaches.
Theme: Beach Activities
Tel-Aviv by night; 15,000 runners converge on Rabin Square and start running up Ibn-Gvirol Street. A huge mass of people wearing identical T-shirts is on the move. You can feel the excitement and the adrenalin in the air. The runners cross the Yarkon bridge, turn right into Rokach Boulevard, and after 5km leave the road, turn into the riverside park of Ganei-Yehoshua and start heading back in a westward direction.
On the way we see the Tel-Avivians watching from the sidewalks and cheering, there are DJs playing loud music along the way, and at the end there is a "happening" atmosphere, free mineral water, popsicles, energy bars, music, medals...
The race is 10km long, takes place on one of the evenings in October, and is lots of fun!
More Reviews (62)
- See All Excellent Thai Restaurant
- See All Herta & Paul Amir Building of Tel-Aviv...
- See All Film Festivals and Special Screenings
iblatt's Related Pages
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "24/7 of Fun"
- "Tel Aviv-Yafo - Alive 24 Hours A Day"
- "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- "Tel Aviv - Israel's biggest city"
- "My (former) adopted home town"
- "Bregman's Tel-Aviv Yafo Page"
- "The White City Built on Sand Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Hotels in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Transportation in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Shopping in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- 66 Reviews
- 249 Photos
- 15 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (23)
Have you been to Tel Aviv-Yafo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Posted in Travel Israel Forum "Re: Medical tourism"
- Wrote a Review Excellent Thai Restaurant in Tel Aviv-Yafo Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Excellent Thai Restaurant"
- updated a Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Page "The White City Built on Sand Dunes"
- Commented on one of iblatt's Tel Aviv-Yafo tips
- Uploaded a Video to Tel Aviv-Yafo
Photos in Tel Aviv-YafoSee All Photos (249)
Videos in Tel Aviv-YafoSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Jerusalem Intro, 81 reviews, 309 photos
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 66 reviews, 249 photos
- Berlin Intro, 38 reviews, 121 photos
- Rome Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos
- Athens Intro, 23 reviews, 102 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination `En Gedi Intro, 21 reviews, 88 photos
- Ra`ananna Intro, 18 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Oxford Intro, 15 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Herzliya Intro, 16 reviews, 60 photos
- Haifa 18 reviews, 55 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
- Old Jaffa- 100 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Beach- 34 Reviews, 75 Photos
- HaCarmel Market- 15 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Azrieli Center- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Jaffa Flea Market- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Neve Tzedek- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Promenade- 12 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Nachlat Benjamin- 11 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Old Harbour- 4 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Opera Tower- 7 Reviews, 9 Photos
See All Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do