"My Constant Quest" vargome's Profile
Once again, it is time for a change. It appears that every time things become really comfortable within my life, I am thrown into the abyss of transition, where I begin the process of establishing a new path.
This time, my restlessness has led me to an area outside of Rio de Janeiro in the Tinuga Rainforest. Since my trip in August, I have been working towards getting back to Brazil at an orphanage called Casa do caminho: www.casadocaminhobrasil.org. This time around my work will be focused on doing consulting work with volunteers, and establishing an HIV curriculum for use with the children and adolescents at the orphanage.
"We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time." -T.S. Elliot
I am going to miss Oregon, but the memories I have made will forever remain within my heart.
So here it is, one of my favorite places to regain my passion, and succumb to the healing energy of the ocean. When I am not working, I often retreat to the beach or the mountains for a short escape from the demands of every day life.
Oregon has many beautiful, untouched landscapes ranging from dry desert mountains to lush green old growth forests. I feel very lucky to live in a location that offers such a vast amount of terrain.
In addition to getting away for short escapes in the Pacific Northwest, I first fell in love with traveling and a quest for adventure at an early age. Since then I have seen many beautiful places and met many people who have influenced who I am today.
Mt. Hood is a large volcanic mountain that is home to a couple of resorts. Although I am very close to backcountry access around Mt. Hood, I am very selective about snow conditions and terrain. Most of the time, I travel a little further to the high desert of Mt. Bachelor and Deschuttes County to get out of the city.
From the mountains to the ocean...Portland offers the best of both worlds. When the waves are not breaking, the Oregon coast offers many peaceful beaches, and untouched tidepools demonsting contrasting colors of sea life. Additionally, at night the beach offers solitude and star strewn skies with vibrant displays of light.
"Bravely let go of your hold
On the edge of the precipice
And die to the small self.
Then that which is naturally revealed
Is the True-nature which
There is neither life nor death." -Philip Kapleau
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Den Helder
- Muhafazat Janub Sina'
- Waterton Lakes National Park Hotels
- Thunder Bay
- San Juan
- Province of Mindoro Occidental Hotels
- Yaba Hotels
- Province of Mindoro Oriental
- Chennai (Madras)
- Castle Park Hotels
- Nisos Sifnos Hotels
- Juneau Hotels
- Australia and Oceania
- Province of Ilocos Norte
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 17 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- vargome and SURFIN7TH are now friends.
- Posted in Travel South America Forum "Surfing Lima/Mancora"
updated their Profile Page "My Constant Quest"
- Uploaded a Photo to "My Constant Quest"
- Commented on ludogatto's profile page
- updated a Smith Rock State Park Travel Page "Smith Rock"
- Wrote a Review Treehouse Living in Puerto Viejo Hotels
Top 10 Pages
- Florianópolis Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Puerto Viejo Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Mancora Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Kalamazoo Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Cannon Beach Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Seattle 1 review, 4 photos
- Cusco Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lima Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Rio de Janeiro 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Portland Intro, 3 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3865 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos