"Mount Bental" `Ayn Ziwan by Bregman
`Ayn Ziwan Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 17 photos
A little north of Kibuttz Ein Zivan, right next to Kibuttz Merom Golan you will find Mount Bental. This is one of several hills which disturb the otherwise completely flat plateau. Because of that they have a strategic value and were an important part of the different wars fought here. Some of the hills still serve as military bases and are closed to the public, but Mount Bental was turned into a geological park and a museum. At the top you will find an old bunker which was used in the 1973 war. In the bunker there is a little museum showing the battles in the area in the Six Days War of 1967 and Yom Kippur War of 1973.
From the top there is also a great view of the area, Mount Hermon to the north and Quneitra at the bottom. Quneitra was returned to the Syrians in 1974 after the war and is now on the other side of the border.
The old bunker, now serves a little different function.
Not too many people know this place. This is a very easy hike along this little canyon whic unlike the rest of the Golan... more travel advice
Bregman's Related Pages
`Ayn Ziwan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "a.k.a. Mt. Bental and the Golan Heights (Israel)"
- "Mount Bental"
- "Mount Bental and the surroundings"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in `Ayn Ziwan
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to `Ayn Ziwan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in `Ayn Ziwan
Photos in `Ayn ZiwanSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues