"Baniyas Stream and Waterfall" Baniyas by Bregman
Baniyas Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 39 photos
The Baniyas is a popular place, mainly beacuase of the waterfall which is only a 2 minutes walk from the entrance. If you want to see some more, you can go in by the other gate and hike along the stream. Its' quite an easy hike and there are some sites along the way.
Near the second entrance (the one closer to the Golan heights), there are the ruins of a Greek temple. This place was dedicated to the god Pan. It was called Paniyas in Hebrew 2000 years ago. As the Arab cannot pronounce "p" the name was distorted to Baniyas.
See more of the Baniyas stream and Baniyas waterfall in the travelogues.
Bregman's Related Pages
Baniyas Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Nahal Hermon (Baniyas) & Pan, not in Syria"
- "Baniyas Stream and Waterfall"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Baniyas
- 1 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Baniyas?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Baniyas
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues