"Mount Hermon" Majdal Shams by Bregman
Majdal Shams Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos
Mount Hermon is the highest mountain in Israel. The highest point open to the public is 2040 metres high (the higher part is a military base). The mountain is home to the only ski site in Israel, operated by the people from the nearby village of Newe Ativ. There are two villages on the slopes of the mountain: the Jewish Newe Ativ and the Druze Majdal Shams.
For more images of the mountain see the travelogue.
A view from Majdal Shams to the south, notice the water tanks, they are unique to this place.
This is not a fancy ski resort in European standards, but it's the only one we have in Israel... People come here to... more travel advice
Majdal Shams is right on the border with Syria. The fence separated the Golan Druze from their brothers in Syria. This... more travel advice
Bregman's Related Pages
Majdal Shams Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mount Hermon"
- "Tower of the Sun"
- "Majd al Shams & Mount Hermon"
- "A mountain village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Majdal Shams
- Transportation in Majdal Shams
- Restaurants in Majdal Shams
- Warnings and Dangers in Majdal Shams
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Majdal Shams
- 6 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (67)
Have you been to Majdal Shams?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Majdal Shams
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues