Horbat Mamshit Things to Do Tips by Bregman
Horbat Mamshit Things to Do: 10 reviews and 39 photos
One of the Nabatean cities which can be found in the Negev desert, together with Shivta and Avdat. The city was called Memphis in the Nabatean period and while it's smaller than the other cities, it offers more restored houses. Like other Nabatean cities it sat on a road used for tradings in the pre-Roman world. After the Roman occupation the Nabateans had to find a new way to make a living, so they started breding Arabian horses.
See more in the travelogue.
Directions: Mamshit is on Route 25 (Beersheva-Dimona) about 8 kilometers from Dimona in the direction of Rotem junction.
Phone: (07) 655-6478
Bregman's Related Pages
Horbat Mamshit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mamshit National Park --- A world heritage"
- "Mamshit - Nabatean crossroads"
- "One of Nabatean Settlements in the Negev"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Horbat Mamshit
- 1 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Horbat Mamshit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Horbat Mamshit
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues