"Kinneret - Sea of Galilee" Top 5 Page for this destination Lake Tiberias by Bregman
Lake Tiberias Travel Guide: 96 reviews and 355 photos
The Kinneret, as it's known in Hebrew is one of the most favourite places in Israel. Every weekend you will find here thousands of people coming for a picnic, a swim or some water sport.
The Hebrew name Kinneret comes from the shape of the lake, which resembles a violin, or Kinnor in Hebrew.
The Jordan river flows right through the lake to finish its life in the Dead sea. The upper part, which flows into the lake is a white water mountain stream where you can go rafting and be careful as there were some cases of drowning there. The lower part is much calmer as the river is much wider when it goes out the lake and mostly because at most time there is a dam holding the water in the lake. Only on very rainy years the dam is open letting the water out.
One more look at the Jordan river.
Up hill from Capernahum there is the Mount of Beatitudes. This is where the sermon on the mount took place and is one of... more travel advice
Hiking in Israel during the summer is not that easy. Most places are too hot for real hikes. So, most Israelis will look... more travel advice
Bregman's Related Pages
Lake Tiberias Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Our Kinneret (Sea of Galilee)"
- "Day 3: Excursion around the Sea of Galilee"
- "Lake Tiberias and Mount of Beatitudes"
- "Kinneret - Sea of Galilee"
- "Galilee and the Golan Heights"
- "The Sea of Galilee"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake Tiberias
- Hotels in Lake Tiberias
- Transportation in Lake Tiberias
- Nightlife in Lake Tiberias
- Restaurants in Lake Tiberias
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake Tiberias
- 12 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Lake Tiberias?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake Tiberias
Photos in Lake TiberiasSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues