Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do Tips by Bregman
Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do: 346 reviews and 756 photos
Nachalat Benyamin Street Market
On Tuesdays or Fridays, you should go to Nachalat Binyamin and Sheinkin streets. There you'll find a busy and colourful street market.
Directions: Right next to Allenby street. The street market is on Nachalat Binyamin and Rambam streets.
Tel-Aviv Old Houses
In the last 10-15 years Tel-Aviv undergoes a wave of renovation. The old houses are either renovated entirely, or in some cases the facade is maintained while a new house is built behind it. So, when you walk in the old parts of Tel-Aviv and see an old house, most chances are it wouldn't look the same in a year or two. Look, for example, on the house below. It's a twenties house not far from the beach.
While Tel-Aviv is quite a modern city, founded at 1909, there is also an old section. Jaffa used to be a separate city, thousands of years old. The founders of Tel-Aviv came out of Jaffa and eventually the new city became larger and swallowed its mother town.
Today, Jaffa is one of the most popular places for tourists and locals alike. Shown here is part of the reconstrcuted area of old Jaffa where you will find picturesque alleys and a lot of art galleries and craftmen workshops. This area is also a huge tourist trap, be carefult tot to be tempted to buy cheesy toursitic souvenirs.
See more of Jaffa in the travelogue.
This is the biggest market of Tel-Aviv and possibly the entire country. If you like food markets you shouldn't miss this place. A word of caution, this is not for claustrophobic people! This place is always crowded, noisy and smelly. Well, if you feel you need a break, just step out, walk about 20 metres and you are right on the beach.
Directions: Near Alenby St.
Levin's House - Rothschild Blvd
Tel-Aviv is known for its Bauhaus style houses. If you're interested in such houses, take a stroll at the central area of the city, around Rothschild Blvd and walk along the little Bialik street. The entire area is full with beautiful modern houses.
Unfortunately, a lot of the houses weren't maintained properly and are in terrible state. In the last few years, the local authorities have started to reconstruct and preserve some of the most important houses.
This part of the city was declared a Unesco World Heritage site.
There are free walking tours in English exploring this area. See more details at the walking tours site.
The oldest part of Tel-Aviv (except for Jaffa which used to be a separate city). Originally, it was built as part of Jaffa, but later became integral part of Tel-Aviv.
Here you'll find beautiful 19th century houses. The central square there is the Suzanne Dellal Dance Center. This center hosts concerts, dance, plays, etc. Notice that the square was designed as a traditional orchard with orange trees and little water canals used to irrigate the trees before modern sprinklers were invented.
While you need to have a stroll in the alleys during the day, you also need to come back at night, when it's most impressive. The square is beautifully illuminated and you can sit in one of the cafés and restaurants there. You will find Suzanna right next to the centre at 9 Shabazi St., you can walk several hundreds yards for NG steakhouse, or Nana Bar or find your own place. New places are opened all the times so it's impossible to keep track...
For a view of the city from above, you can go to the top of the round tower of the 'Azrielli' mall at the eastern part of the city. The tower, 48 stories high, is the highest in Tel-Aviv. You can also dine there at the '2C' restaurant, located at the highest floor. Downstairs, in the mall you can shop, eat, drink or watch a movie in one the cinemas.
More Reviews (37)
- See All Indira is still alive!
- See All Taxi Service
- See All American Colony
- See All Clubs Directory
Bregman's Related Pages
Tel Aviv-Yafo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "24/7 of Fun"
- "Tel Aviv-Yafo - Alive 24 Hours A Day"
- "Were you looking for a city that never sleeps?"
- "Tel Aviv - Israel's biggest city"
- "My (former) adopted home town"
- "Bregman's Tel-Aviv Yafo Page"
- "The White City Built on Sand Dunes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Hotels in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Transportation in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Nightlife in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Restaurants in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Shopping in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- Warnings and Dangers in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Garðabær Hotels
- Bassin Blanc Hotels
- Port Melbourne Hotels
- Kimbe Hotels
- Sungai Kolok
Badges & Stats in Tel Aviv-Yafo
- 44 Reviews
- 54 Photos
- 131 Forum posts
- 117 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Tel Aviv-Yafo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tel Aviv-Yafo
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues
Latest Tel Aviv-Yafo hotel reviews
- Melody Hotel
- 271 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Ami Hotel
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 28, 2011
- Marina Tel-Aviv Hotel
- 84 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Armon Hayarkon
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- Olympia Hotel
- 29 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 10, 2013
- Deborah Hotel
- 56 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 30, 2013
- Crowne Plaza Hotel
- 312 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hayarkon 48 Hostel
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Hotel Eilat
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 22, 2012
- Tel Aviv Vacation Apartments
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 5, 2013
- The Home Apartments
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 2, 2013
- Sea Net Hotel
- 34 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 2, 2013
- Colony Beach Bat Yam Apartments
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 25, 2012
- City Hotel-Tel Aviv
- 382 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Adiv Hotel
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Old Jaffa- 98 Reviews, 207 Photos
- Tel Aviv Beaches- 31 Reviews, 68 Photos
- Jaffa Flea Market- 8 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Azrieli Center- 10 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Neve Tzedek- 10 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Museums- 14 Reviews, 45 Photos
- The Promenade- 12 Reviews, 33 Photos
- HaCarmel Market- 13 Reviews, 18 Photos
- Nachlat Benjamin- 11 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Old Harbour- 4 Reviews, 16 Photos
See All Tel Aviv-Yafo Things to Do