"Zefat" Top 5 Page for this destination Zefat by Bregman
Zefat Travel Guide: 31 reviews and 111 photos
Zefat is one of the most intersting places in Israel. It is one of the 4 holly cities, together with Jerusalem, Tiberias and Hebron. These cities were the centre of the Jewish population here until the end of the 19th century when new villages and towns were founded together with immigration waves, coming mostly from Europe.
During the ages and until today Zefat was a centre for Jewish mystics. In this area the Kabbala was founded and the town is full with Hassidic cults practicing spiritual rituals in the town and the surrounding forests.
For some images of Zefat have a look here , here and here.
For current information about events, historical information, details about the Kabbala and more, you can go the WEB site of the Safed Foundation.
Rabbi Yosef Caro was one of the most influential people in the Jewish history. His book Shulchan Aruch (Set Table), even... more travel advice
Every summer there is a Klezmer festival in Zefat. Kleyzmerim are the the traditional eastern-European Jewish musicians... more travel advice
Bregman's Related Pages
Zefat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Artists and History"
- "Safed: Home of the Kabbalah"
- "Zefat - The Capital of the Galilee"
- "Like visiting into a painting"
- "a holy city in israel"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Zefat
- Restaurants in Zefat
- Shopping in Zefat
- Warnings and Dangers in Zefat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Zefat
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Zefat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Zefat
Top 10 Pages
- Israel Intro, 67 reviews, 109 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jerusalem Intro, 58 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 12 reviews, 115 photos, 8 travelogues
- Tel Aviv-Yafo Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 3 travelogues
- Munich Intro, 27 reviews, 60 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haifa Intro, 23 reviews, 60 photos, 4 travelogues
- Salzburg Intro, 11 reviews, 71 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 14 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 20 reviews, 44 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 6 reviews, 54 photos, 4 travelogues